GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

7,767 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
35 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: i voted! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Go vote!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But California has sooooooooooooooooo many Propositions I have to figure out and inevitably still fail to really feel I am informed enough to vote on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McVey
United States
SF Bay Area
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
Go vote!

You're slow. I voted over a week ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why do you hate America?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
My vote is in the mail as of today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Filled out my vote, but I still need to mail or drop off the ballot. Highlights: voted for neither major party candidate for President, voted against the ill-conceived gross receipts tax that's on the ballot in Oregon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tmcvey wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
Go vote!

You're slow. I voted over a week ago.

Being a Democrat, I have voted once yesterday, once today, and will do the same for every day until Nov. 4.

If I'm inspired, I may just run the table on Nov. 8, by voting again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll vote as soon as the Democrat bus gets here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Nothing happens for a reason, but everything happens by a mechanism
badge
Nitrogen Conservation Awareness: I pee in the yard
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll vote in person so I get to experience that sweet sweet poll smell. Almost as good as post offices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Mostly made up of spare parts and sarcasm! ... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ive done my civic duty I've voted republican 500 times!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JoshBot wrote:
I'll vote in person so I get to experience that sweet sweet poll smell. Almost as good as post offices.

I have never voted in person. Am I missing out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AndrewRogue wrote:
But California has sooooooooooooooooo many Propositions I have to figure out and inevitably still fail to really feel I am informed enough to vote on.

You know, we have all these state initiatives and propositions. It made me think:

Why don't we have anything like that for federal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mb
I am voting tomorrow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:
JoshBot wrote:

I have never voted in person. Am I missing out?

My polling station is in a retirement home, so I get the lovely scent of air fresheners and death.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Gilligan
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am voting tomorrow and so is my father-in-law, who passed away last December.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:
AndrewRogue wrote:

You know, we have all these state initiatives and propositions. It made me think:

Well, the emotion I expressed is part of that. Could you imagine how many of these things we'd end up with at a federal level?

(Moreover, because direct democracy has issues with level of voter information and the like. We use a representative system to try and fix that: we have elected folks who are educated on the system and involved deep enough in it that they can better filter the desires of their constituents and suggest policies that are possible, useful, and helpful based on that.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fizzmore wrote:
Filled out my vote, but I still need to mail or drop off the ballot. Highlights: voted for neither major party candidate for President, voted against the ill-conceived gross receipts tax that's on the ballot in Oregon.

Mail or drop it off tomorrow! Yer car could break down. You could be in an accident and your vote would be lost.

This is a bipartisan message! Go vote! As soon as your early voting polls open and you can educate yourself on the bonds* and initiatives- go vote!

(But all bonds are tax increases in disguise- so I vote no about 95% of the time-- if they want to raise taxes then do so openly!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have voted on the way to work each day since early voting started in Ohio. I voted on the way home too, except for the day we had happy hour with my associates.

I'm going to try to vote on election day too. I have a plan that I think will work this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Done:
https://www.acs.org/content/acs/en/about/governance/election...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AndrewRogue wrote:
quozl wrote:
AndrewRogue wrote:

Well, the emotion I expressed is part of that. Could you imagine how many of these things we'd end up with at a federal level?

(Moreover, because direct democracy has issues with level of voter information and the like. We use a representative system to try and fix that: we have elected folks who are educated on the system and involved deep enough in it that they can better filter the desires of their constituents and suggest policies that are possible, useful, and helpful based on that.)

If we want our elected representatives to be doing that, why aren't they doing it at the state level?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:
AndrewRogue wrote:
quozl wrote:
AndrewRogue wrote:

If we want our elected representatives to be doing that, why aren't they doing it at the state level?

Because on tough choices, it's easier to pass the buck than take a position that may cost you the next election.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

It's time to VOTE!

Gawd these songs are lame. Anyone got a decent voting song?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
JoshBot wrote:
cool First TIME and with G.Ford-1976 at local 'Fire Station' upon the top of our street across the main arterial a block away, so, even walked "uphill" for that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:

Because we Californians are insane.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Mostly made up of spare parts and sarcasm! ... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
mbmbmbmbmb
They voted for Pip and he sold them all to a French Slaughter house. It's the way of the politician.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.