Subject: Xindi Expansion Idea rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Lacey
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Xindi:

Instead of starting with a completed advancement, they start with the unfinished project mega weapon.

Mega Weapon: Requires 25 research to complete.

Once completed, Xindi player may destroy one system each turn during the command phase. If all rival home worlds are destroyed, the Xindi player wins a supremacy victory.

Penalty: Xindi may not initiate space battles.

Advantage: Help me out here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
I think the mega weapon should be 30 research and should still take move and invade/destroy commands.

Penalty: if the super weapon is destroyed the Xindi lose.

Alt Penalty: 5 species. The Xindi do not add their Ascendancy to Hegemony resistance rolls. (So just nodes)

Advantage: 5 species. The Xindi may give more than 1 trade agreement to the same player. (Maybe get 5 1 or 2 production trade negotiations, or even a different type of trade card for each species)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Lacey
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
I agree. Good ideas all around.

The mega weapon rules do need some re-working though.

Maybe it would be better if it read something like this.

"If you control your home world, you may use a command to fire the mega weapon. All rival home worlds are destroyed and the Xindi claim supremacy victory immediately."

And in exchange, the Xindi get no other advancements and no starting advancements. The mega weapon is the only thing that can be researched besides weapons and shields.

Good ideas for the basic advantage and disadvantage. (Nodes and trade)

I think this could make for some interesting games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Caple
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You've just reduced the Xindi player to a glorified timer to end the game though. Might not be too much fun to play as, especially if you haven't got any choice regarding research projects.

I'd think you'd want the advancement deck since much of the flavour of the race comes from their deck.

The idea of a super weapon advancing through the map IS appealing though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Tamburo
United States
Justice
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please no. The Xindi were an awful joke of a Star Trek race.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maldus Alver

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joelist wrote:
Please no. The Xindi were an awful joke of a Star Trek race.

How about this expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Lacey
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
For those of you starved for an expansion, I say give this a try and see how it goes.

I recommend using the flying saucers from cosmic encounter, which is another great game. Trade agreements can be represented by using the un used initiative cards along with resource tokens on the cards.

Advantage 5 species: start with 5 trade agreements. in addition to one, two, and three production, you get a one research and one culture trade agreement

Disadvantage 5 species. do not add your ascendancy when resisting hegemony rolls.

Advancement deck: Only one advancement, the planet killer.

The planet killer: 20 research.

"If you control your home world, you may use a command to fire the planet killer. All rival home worlds are destroyed and the Xindi claim supremacy victory immediately."c

If a rival captures this project, remove three research from this card and return it to your active projects.

Fleets: Insectoid Swarms

1: Three fleets. Each fleet can be formed without using a command and can have up to 15 ships each. However the fleets themselves have no special ability.

Concepts:

The additional way to win the game can make phenomenon a lot more interesting. Have fun

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.