Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob T
United States
Mantua (near Woodbury)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok so it's not exactly a novelization of HL:CAO:CC, but the new Laundry novel "The Nightmare Stacks" (by Charles Stross) features a thrilling dogfight scene between British FGR-4 Typhoons and mounted Firewyrms (alien dragons ridden by Dark Elves) It sounds ridiculous but it really reminded me of the Hornet vs Byakhee or Hornet vs Hunting Horrors action of this game.

Stross describes everything in obsessive detail right down to the temperature at which a dragon's fire-spit can disable a jet engine. I wonder if he's played this game? Cause just like in HL:CAO:CC the whole premise of modern fighter planes battling against ancient biological monsters seems ludicrous...until the shooting starts!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Pluto
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also don't forget (I believe it's in the Apocalypse Codex?) that RAF has a special B52's that go through a wormhole and do flyby over the Dead Plateau every once in a while, just in case the Sleeper in the Pyramid awakens and an emergency bombing is required.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.