$20.00
Toke Villumsen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Hi there!

I started working on a homemade expansion for aGoT the board game, and it is the first time I have tried anything like this.

Some of the things I want to put into the game is (among a lot of other things) a story driven element. I am trying to incorporate many of the major events of a song of ice and fire, by making "story line decks" for each season / book. The idea is to have the players draw a bunch of cards from each season and play them against each other in the westeros phase of the game. But I am having trouble balancing the idea since there is, for example, a lot of bad stuff happening for House Stark in Season 1-3 and nothing that happens to House Martell in said seasons. The Idea is to have the events randomized per season, but still follow the story chronologically from turn to turn.
Any ideas how I could go about this?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike heim
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a Pacific WWII card game I played where certain cards were allowed to be played only on certain years or later.

You could do this with the GoT Seasons. Furthermore, you could require that certain events or cards are played in order for other cards to start.

However, I would suggest that your game begins right after Eddard is executed since that's really the catalyst of the series.

---

Alternately, you can tweak and reskin Smash-Up, where you align two Houses in a battle for Victory Points (by means of control of physical locations...the Neck, Kings Landing, Winterfell, Asshai, Meereen, Old Town, Quarth, Bravos, etc...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.