Subject: At Start Items rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Strand
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Does a character who starts with an Item have to activate it to use it? The rules seem to indicate that it must be activated. It seems ludicrous to me that an elite commando with a scope for his sniper rifle wouldn't get around to mounting it until after they left the chopper and were embarking on a mission where every second counts!

I play with at start items already attached to weapons, as it seems pretty silly to do otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loren Cadelinia
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to use your item on a different weapon that you have yet to find. There are better combos for sure. That's the reason for the initial weapon/item card draw - a little randomness, and push your luck for further weapon/item draws.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This came up for us as well. On our first game we wanted to boost one of the weapons with an Item we got, and it seemed odd that the starting items wouldn't already be attached.

We decided to play with starting items not attached, but I think we might change this in future because it just felt wrong. Of course if we wanted to re-attach the Item to a better weapon we find, that's when we need to use the dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. Uitz
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bremic wrote:
This came up for us as well. On our first game we wanted to boost one of the weapons with an Item we got, and it seemed odd that the starting items wouldn't already be attached.

We decided to play with starting items not attached, but I think we might change this in future because it just felt wrong. Of course if we wanted to re-attach the Item to a better weapon we find, that's when we need to use the dice.

Although it is not specifically foreseen in the rules, it makes sense thematically and I would house-rule it that way. Nice idea.

Dark.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.