Subject: BGG.CON 2016 RSP Drinkathon Mega Meetup: Legacy Edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tobias Strobe
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Listen to your sidekick and eat the pennies.
mbmbmbmbmb
Election years are magical. The best people fill up our beloved RSP with memorable and informative thread titles like "No one is going to post about this?", "Can we even agree on this?", and "Guess what's illegal again!" Shitposters like Drew, Darthhugo, and TheDashi rabbit-fuck any discussion until it is mushed into a mewling-yet-compliant mealy paste. Long time users flounce. New users arrive and post unreadable gibberish. We all re-learn how to ignore Shreve.

Eventually, the election ends. Some win. Some lose. RSP dies.

RSP is reborn.

Please, join us for the wake. On Thursday, November 17th at 7pm, the RSP Social Steering Committee will once again be hosting the official BGG.CON RSP meetup at ACES bar (the aviation-themed bar in the hotel). There will be interesting discussion, salty snacks, some "I love you guys" kumbaya bullcrap, severe drinking, and mad shit-talking.

Current RSP posters, lapsed RSP posters, teetotalers, lurkers, and haters are all invited.

Think back to everything RSP has given us this last year. A drink sounds pretty good about now, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
You have my axe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
hibikir wrote:
You have my axe

AND MY PANTS

Err, something like that. I will make time in my busy, busy schedule of running over mistermarino with a tank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
A con is never complete until someones pants get stolen.

That said, assuming that person isn't me, I'll be there drinkin'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
kuhrusty wrote:
hibikir wrote:
You have my axe

AND MY PANTS

Err, something like that. I will make time in my busy, busy schedule of running over mistermarino with a tank.

Rumor has it, you do occasionally win games. Like 1/6 ain't bad, right? Anyway, enjoy your drinks, you fuckers! (so jealous)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a
Spoiler (click to reveal)
game
scheduled for that time...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Is this thing still in Texas? I'm banned from Texas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jarredscott78 wrote:
I'll be there.

I'll be here, there, and everywhere!

I will arrive lightly preloaded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Stupid deer hunting.

QFT
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd McMurray

Chickopee
Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ilthuain wrote:
Election years are magical. The best people fill up our beloved RSP with memorable and informative thread titles like "No one is going to post about this?", "Can we even agree on this?", and "Guess what's illegal again!" Shitposters like Drew, Darthhugo, and TheDashi rabbit-fuck any discussion until it is mushed into a mewling-yet-compliant mealy paste. Long time users flounce. New users arrive and post unreadable gibberish. We all re-learn how to ignore Shreve.

Eventually, the election ends. Some win. Some lose. RSP dies.

RSP is reborn.

Please, join us for the wake. On Thursday, November 17th at 7pm, the RSP Social Steering Committee will once again be hosting the official BGG.CON RSP meetup at ACES bar (the aviation-themed bar in the hotel). There will be interesting discussion, salty snacks, some "I love you guys" kumbaya bullcrap, severe drinking, and mad shit-talking.

Current RSP posters, lapsed RSP posters, teetotalers, lurkers, and haters are all invited.

Think back to everything RSP has given us this last year. A drink sounds pretty good about now, right?

Too bad I won't be there, 'cause I wanted to show you rabbit-fucking in person, but only if its consensual.

Enjoy yourselves. Try not to get arrested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Legacy edition? We can write on the tables? I feel like the Hyatt might not appreciate that. OH WELL.

RSP ain't nuthin the fuck wit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Pushing a lesbian old growth union-approved agenda since '94.
mbmbmbmbmb
she2 wrote:
Rumor has it, you do occasionally win games. Like 1/6 ain't bad, right? Anyway, enjoy your drinks, you fuckers! (so jealous)

That other guy must be feeling intense shame, having lost the one and only game Rusty ever won.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
I have a
colonoscopy

Oohhh... sorry to hear that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
wifwendell wrote:
I have a
colonoscopy

I like to play one or two games per day at the con.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
sbszine wrote:
she2 wrote:

That other guy must be feeling intense shame, having lost the one and only game Rusty ever won.

Your pose screams your pain though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jarredscott78 wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
wifwendell wrote:
I have a
colonoscopy

I like to play one or two games per day at the con.

Psst. The joke is in the spoiler.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
bjlillo wrote:
This is the thing I miss most about BGG.con. Stupid deer hunting.

Now, wait a minute--deer don't read maps, right? Deer know no state lines? And, should you wound an animal which then flees across some arbitrary man-made boundary, are you not obligated to give chase? Even if you have reason to believe that animal may have gone to ground in the relative safety of a hotel bar in DFW?

If you're concerned about the potential for, uhh, collateral damage should you find it necessary to discharge firearms in the hotel bar area, remember that this is explicitly a "legacy" event--we're expecting some of the, uhh, components to be, uhh, permanently altered. Although I'm certainly planning to, uhh, sleeve my cards in all of my games with the RSP crowd, trade/resale value is of no concern, if you know what I mean.

By the way, looking for a photo of last year's RSP meetup to photoshop a deer into, I found this, which everyone must read: Fear and Gaming in Dallas: Twisted Tales of Depravity from BGG.con 2013
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
GameCrossing wrote:

Too subtle.

she2 wrote:
Rumor has it, you do occasionally win games. Like 1/6 ain't bad, right?
sbszine wrote:

Goddammit, I won all kinds of games. I dominated so hard in Blood Rage that no one else wanted to play the final round. I also won the "why won't the barbecue light" game, the "poof! no eyebrows" game (I think Lawson lost that one), and the critically important "hey, there are three dudes and only two mattresses" game.

EDIT: Opinions vary on this one, but I also feel that I won the "six hours of shaking heads & muttering over BSG expansion rulebooks" game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
This is the thing I miss most about BGG.con. Stupid deer hunting.

But..but.. I thought all deer were stupid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:

Too subtle.

she2 wrote:
Rumor has it, you do occasionally win games. Like 1/6 ain't bad, right?
sbszine wrote:

Goddammit, I won all kinds of games. I dominated so hard in Blood Rage that no one else wanted to play the final round. I also won the "why won't the barbecue light" game, the "poof! no eyebrows" game (I think Lawson lost that one), and the critically important "hey, there are three dudes and only two mattresses" game.

EDIT: Opinions vary on this one, but I also feel that I won the "six hours of shaking heads & muttering over BSG expansion rulebooks" game.

I still treasure my non-loss against you.

It's so fun to cut loose when the other person has a timelimit shorter than the remaining play time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
By the way, looking for a photo of last year's RSP meetup to photoshop a deer into, I found this, which everyone must read: Fear and Gaming in Dallas: Twisted Tales of Depravity from BGG.con 2013

After reading that thread: I met
A happy bird is a filthy bird
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
OverText is totally worth 100 units of imaginary, worthless currency
badge
What the Hell else am I supposed to do with GeekGold?
mbmbmbmbmb

and had no idea they were the same person until it was spelled out in that thread, ha!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Pushing a lesbian old growth union-approved agenda since '94.
mbmbmbmbmb
He doesn't look much like his avatar, though perhaps a trip to Thailand could fix that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sbszine wrote:
she2 wrote:

I was there once when Rusty won High Frontier. True story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:

That's only three years ago and I look so young. I think that game of X-Wing minis aged me like two presidential terms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.