Galen Ciscell
United States
Auburn
WA
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my game, Atlantis Rising! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
So my copy of the new edition arrived today, along with Eve of the Sickle Moon. Looks GREAT! And wow is that game board board thick and sturdy. I was surprised it came inside the box though, since it was an add-on during the KS campaign (if I am remembering correctly). Did Game Salute decide to just include it with every copy of the game, or is there a version that comes in that sweet, big box, but sans-board (as it seems is the case when you read through the rulebook, and notice the included monster space tiles)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor L
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
During the campaign, they decided that the board would be standard in the second edition. So the only games without the boards are the Kickstarter standard editions. That's what I have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Talbert
msg tools
mb
Will there a way to get the game board if you only purchased the standard edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keelay wrote:
Will there a way to get the game board if you only purchased the standard edition?

Yes - we will have the boards available at our online store sometime this week. Stay tuned!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Pasmeny
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rather unfortunate that the boxes were opened and the boards removed.

You figure that they would have supported their KS backers instead of punishing them.

Ultimately I would have purchased a board but not the metal coins, but was NEVER given this option by the company/kickstarter.

Now I would have to purchase the board and pay shipping costs a seoond time.

Now if I had waited for retail, I would have the board and no extra cost.
Sounds like a great advertisement for purchasing from retail instead of direct.

Classy move would have been to include a board to the KS backers.

Just my humble opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To be fair, that's not an apples-to-apples comparison. The Standard version of the game without the board that you got on Kickstarter was $39. People who got the Deluxe version that included the board and the special coins paid $49. The Retail version with board and no coins has an MSRP of $60, so it wouldn't be at "no extra cost".

Had we included the board in the Standard editions, we'd then have Deluxe backers asking why they paid more if everyone got the same thing, even if the Standard folks got the board but not the coins.

All of that aside, we're on the same page on this. We're moving away from this model for future projects for exactly the reasons you describe.

bpasmeny wrote:

You figure that they would have supported their KS backers instead of punishing them.

Ultimately I would have purchased a board but not the metal coins, but was NEVER given this option by the company/kickstarter.

Just my humble opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Pasmeny
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Salute wrote:
To be fair, that's not an apples-to-apples comparison. The Standard version of the game without the board that you got on Kickstarter was $39. People who got the Deluxe version that included the board and the special coins paid $49. The Retail version with board and no coins has an MSRP of $60, so it wouldn't be at "no extra cost".

Had we included the board in the Standard editions, we'd then have Deluxe backers asking why they paid more if everyone got the same thing, even if the Standard folks got the board but not the coins.

All of that aside, we're on the same page on this. We're moving away from this model for future projects for exactly the reasons you describe.

bpasmeny wrote:

Just my humble opinion.

Entirely right on the deluxe people complaining.

I would have happily added $5 to my pledge for half the stuff though.

So instead of bundling add-ons have them seperate, which is ultimately how it was handled for packaging anyway.

Glad to hear that you are learning from the experience though...

I am mostly cranky as, if I order the board now, I get hit with the shipping charges again. And USPS, is not a cheap international charge now...Anyway a standard KS will be able to order and have shipping mitigated a bit? Perhaps have add on boards sent out with reprinted cards at a subsidized cost?

meeplemeeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
Mage Tools for Android
mbmbmb
Game Salute wrote:
Yes - we will have the boards available at our online store sometime this week. Stay tuned!
Will it be available as an add-on in future expansion KS campaigns?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bpasmeny wrote:
Anyway a standard KS will be able to order and have shipping mitigated a bit? Perhaps have add on boards sent out with reprinted cards at a subsidized cost?

meeplemeeple

Wtmgergo wrote:
Will it be available as an add-on in future expansion KS campaigns?

Possibly, though we don't have too many of them, so I don't want to say anything too definitive just yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Pasmeny
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool.

I can probably do one better in any case.

I need a Galactic Upgrade for my Alien Frontiers. I could pre-order that and the Shadowrift board. You could send them together and we both win!

I am not in a hurry for the board. So I wouldn't mind waiting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The board by itself is now available for purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.