Subject: Monsters Spawning in the App rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris H.
Japan
Saitama
flag msg tools
Hey Guys,

I had a problem playing the first quest in the app. I was tracking a dragon and had goblin archers following me. Basically what happened every time (this was a 2 hero game BTW) was this:

I would use my warrior's turn up killing enemies. Then any remaining goblin would have his turn. Then I would use my scout to move + search (to find the trail and advance to the next screen/map ).

So the new map would come up, the monster on that map would be placed and it would be my turn again. Except my 2nd hero's turn would be over since he already used his 2 actions (+ his free action because of the 2 hero only rule).

Anyway, as soon as I told the app my 2nd hero was done his turn, it would be the app's turn and surprise surprise, it would always spawn goblin warriors on the entrance space. Except my heroes were always STILL on the entrance space because they had no turns on this new map yet.

I get that my team is being chased by goblin warriors and that they should show up sometime, but they always spawned before I had even moved off the entrance space. (This is in addition to the monster that was automatically spawned when building the new map.)

Sorry my post is so long. Maybe I'm not explaining the issue very well. But did anyone else have this problem?

Basically every time I spawned a new map my heroes were surrounded by goblins, a big new monster coming towards me and it was the enemy's turn.

Is this a bug or did I play it wrong?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kallan Greybe
msg tools
You played it wrong.

The tactic here is the same one you need to use when it comes to doors in the app so it's worth saying it now:

Don't use your last action to explore unless it's absolutely necessary!

All you're going to do is give the overlord (or app) a free turn to deal damage to you. Instead, get both heroes to the explore point, finish your turn then move to the next area with your first action of the next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris H.
Japan
Saitama
flag msg tools
Thanks, I'll remember that. It makes sense as far as opening doors goes, but in my mission the character were literally changing locations, like traveling an hour or so on the road, so it didn't make sense for them not to refresh their turns when they arrived at a new place. The goblins they were running from were always suddenly ahead of them. It was like a bad horror movie. lol

But now that I know it's not a bug I'll make sure I explore as my first action rather than my last from now on.
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kallan Greybe
msg tools
Yeah, I see the logic behind assuming things would work a bit different in that situation. To be honest I kind of wonder if it would work a bit better to refresh each time because at the moment there's a slightly forced situation where you spend a turn-ish manoeuvring everyone into position before you explore again. Still, them's the rules we're working with.

Anyway, glad to have helped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.