Cthulhu: A Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Elder gods, healing, different phrasings of damage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
How many elder gods are faced at once? The setup seems to imply that you flip both but it doesn't specify how many of them you fight at once, but then a mythos card says to reveal an elder god and face it and the one you were already fighting. So in a four-player game, do I reveal two gods and fight one and then the other, or reveal two and fight both at the same time?

If a character ability or card I buy provides healing, can I heal other characters?

Is health loss and health damage the same?

If I can affect damage is that only health damage or can it also be sanity damage? What about loss? Does it affect loss?

What's the difference between a bandage and a first aid kit? Both cost 3, and one heals 2 health damage while one heals 1 investigator for 3 health. Does the bandage only heal the person using it? Does the first aid kit heal anyone? Can either be split between multiple people?

Can moxie be accumulated and split up any way I like, allowing me to hit multiple targets with, for example, a single haymaker?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Ellis
msg tools
publisher
Number of Elder Gods:
All Elder Gods are faced at the same time. If the setup calls for 2 Elder Gods they are both active on the Elder God's turn.

Healing:
The cards that provide healing can either allow healing for you or others, it depends on the wording.

Bandage for example simply says, "Heal 2 Health Damage." You can apply to this to any Investigator.
Psychiatric Care for example says, "Gain 1 Moxie, Heal 3 Sanity to a targeted Investigator" this is only applied to 1 Investigator of your choice, including yourself.

Loss vs Damage:
Yes, these are the same thing. Some issues in editing caused these two different terms to get published but they mean the same thing.

Affecting Damage:
If an ability affects damage and does not specify Health or Sanity it can affect either.

Bandage vs First Aid Kit:
First Kit must be applied to only one Investigators as it says so... Bandage could potentially be applied to multiple Investigators. Although now... that sounds backwards.

Moxie Accumulation:
Yes, you can add up the total of your moxie up and spread it among your adversaries. However, you can't pool moxie with other Investigators.

Lots of great questions. I hope I cleared some things up for you.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Excellent!

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.