Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Wingert
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I teach high school biology and last Wednesday we had school wide testing. First through third period didn’t met and fifth and sixth periods only met for 15 min. The only class that was the full hour was my 4th period. So I gave my 4th period students a free day. I had a copy of Facility 342 in my classroom and 8 of my students asked if they could play it, I said sure and I joined them (This was the first time for all of them to play it).

I spend about 10 min explaining the rules and then we started playing.

I stared the game off as a researcher and after the first round I had a feeling who the two aliens were but I wasn’t sure. After round 3 I got the feeling that most of the students did not know what they were doing. So to get the game over with I started getting the students that I trusted on my side and I was taking charge of the game. So now it was me and my “Team” of trusted researchers. We made plans on how to get the rest of the parts and keep the aliens away from the researchers. We had about 5 minutes left in the class and I was sure we researchers where going to win. I was voted in as the head researcher and then I sent two of the players I thought were aliens out to get the one of the last two parts (that way they couldn’t infect anyone) and I sent two people I trusted out to get the other part. Out of nowhere the aliens attacked! I sent a researcher and an alien in both groups and one of the students back at base infected me. I thought these kids did not understand the rules and I was way wrong. These kids outsmarted me and played me the whole game.

I guess that is what I get for underestimating them. It was a lot of fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.