24 Posts

Total War» Forums » General

Subject: HMSGRD gone? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bobby Bryant
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't been able to connect to their website for a few days. Did something catastrophic happen?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got right to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruud Blaauw
Netherlands
flag msg tools
One endeavours to do one's best; it's the experience, not the result that counts.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have seen the same thing. From the middle of October there is a message: "File not found" instead of their website. It looks like the website is down. I've seen this in the past, but never this long.
I have no idea what is going on, but I have been worried about the constant delays. Hope this is just another hurdle, and not something more serious. I would really like to know more from someone who is better informed, so if you know anything, please share.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Perez
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't connect - - any news?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
MILLINGTON
Tennessee
flag msg tools
I'm concerned that there hasn't been any update online since last Feb 2016. Now that the website is down, who knows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not down. In fact, there's a short post dated Oct. 29, 2016.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fabbro
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah but it really doesn't say much...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The point is, it's not down, and I checked it every time someone posted here. It was never down (for me). It could be a grand coincidence, I know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fabbro
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Lewis, didn't mean to sound like I was taking you to task with your comment.

I was more expressing my continuing disappointment with the current state of the Europa series.

Cheers!
Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blacksmith61 wrote:
Hey Lewis, didn't mean to sound like I was taking you to task with your comment.

I was more expressing my continuing disappointment with the current state of the Europa series.

Cheers!
Rob

Thanks. Yes, it's a slow motion train wreck that has turned from "when are they going to release the game?" to "what's the latest excuse?" shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruud Blaauw
Netherlands
flag msg tools
One endeavours to do one's best; it's the experience, not the result that counts.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, I see it too now. I used my existing link, and this doesn't work anymore. But doing a new search on HMSGRD yielded the right result. Thanks. Seems I didn't miss any updates on the Europa Series...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
MILLINGTON
Tennessee
flag msg tools
lgoldberg wrote:
Blacksmith61 wrote:

Cheers!
Rob

Thanks. Yes, it's a slow motion train wreck that has turned from "when are they going to release the game?" to "what's the latest excuse?" shake

Gars had the lamest of excuses!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Bryant
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I see it too now.

Anyone have any idea what's causing the delay? If it's money they need a rich fan, but if it's something else maybe some of us could pitch in and help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Calhoun

Katy
Texas
msg tools
I'd like to know if any of the game components survived the fire way back? Europa has turned into a mystery game company? Few clues and very little physical evidence of putting together the "story". I will wait for a distributor to sell the released game. I don't believe Vegas will take odds on when that will ever be? Could they sell the company to someone else who might resurrect the company?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
C'mon guys, the answer is pretty obvious. These guys got in way over their heads, ran out of money to finish the product, and have been lying and hiding ever since. What they should do, if they had an ounce of decency, would be to take out a loan, finish the job, and ship the games. If they take a bath in the process, so what? They have a responsibility to their customers, and they should take the loss, not the customers.

It's really just that simple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
MILLINGTON
Tennessee
flag msg tools
I think they just ran out of money and any investor funds as well. No idea what kind of Business Insurance policy they had, assuming that they even had one, there should have been coverage for Loss of Income for the business so they could continue operations, which includes finding a new temporary office for at least 12 months while the original location was being repaired by the building owner. Of course, they may not have been required to move back in depending what kind of Lease Agreement the business had with the building owner. Their excuses are very lame and I doubt that we'll ever see the completed game. All I have are a bunch of maps still in the box, some empty Plano storage boxes, and a counter picker upper tool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Bryant
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Presumably they could declare bankruptcy and get out of their financial obligations like any other failed venture would. The fact that they haven't suggests (to me) that maybe they haven't given up yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
MILLINGTON
Tennessee
flag msg tools
If HMSGRD does file BK, we'll be out of our $ for the rest of undelivered game components, which are the rules, counter sheets, and anything else like the Europa magazine subscription I paid for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Conklin
msg tools
mb
USMMA95 wrote:
[q="lgoldberg"]Gars had the lamest of excuses!

I stopped by their place and picked up my copy of Total War over a year ago. I don't remember who had the health issues, but he didn't look in too good of shape.

They were operating out of their house (condo?) and were stuffed to the gills!

In just the short while I was there, I learned things that I have never read in any of the history books!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dconklin wrote:
USMMA95 wrote:
Gars had the lamest of excuses!

I stopped by their place and picked up my copy of Total War over a year ago. I don't remember who had the health issues, but he didn't look in too good of shape.

They were operating out of their house (condo?) and were stuffed to the gills!

In just the short while I was there, I learned things that I have never read in any of the history books!

Maybe that's the best solution. Fly/Drive there and pick it up. But I guess you didn't get a rulebook, since that's like the one last component they've been trying to print for, what, 5 years?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Perez
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blaauwr wrote:
Yep, I see it too now. I used my existing link, and this doesn't work anymore. But doing a new search on HMSGRD yielded the right result. Thanks. Seems I didn't miss any updates on the Europa Series...

Yes - that was my problem too - my saved link was changed - - I made another and contact was reestablished . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Durst
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy crap are people still waiting for this game ???? I had a child and she just graduated high school while waiting for this game to be delivered ... Just consider your money a lost cause and move on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
dconklin wrote:
I stopped by their place and picked up my copy of Total War over a year ago.

Photos of the rulebook and charts or I call bullshit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
J.L.Robert wrote:
dconklin wrote:
I stopped by their place and picked up my copy of Total War over a year ago.

Photos of the rulebook and charts or I call bullshit.

A little harsh, but yes, I would like to see pics too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.