Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walking on eggshells is not my style
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
Interesting.

One liberal switches parties. I applaud your highlighting stories of such import.

Ohhh look. Here's something far less interesting.

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/trump-gets-unexpected-ann...

25% of blacks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Interesting.

One liberal switches parties. I applaud your highlighting stories of such import.

25% of blacks?

Perhaps you should have checked the date on that.

Quote:
As for his standing in the polls among blacks, Trump is right that one poll showed him with 25 percent support in a hypothetical general election race against Clinton. But it wasn’t a “recent poll.” It was a SurveyUSA Poll from Sept. 2-3, 2015. Jay H. Leve, founder of SurveyUSA, told us that the margin of error was plus or minus 10 percentage points, as is usually the case for a subset of poll respondents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walking on eggshells is not my style
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
lfisher wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
Interesting.

25% of blacks?

Perhaps you should have checked the date on that.

Quote:
As for his standing in the polls among blacks, Trump is right that one poll showed him with 25 percent support in a hypothetical general election race against Clinton. But it wasn’t a “recent poll.” It was a SurveyUSA Poll from Sept. 2-3, 2015. Jay H. Leve, founder of SurveyUSA, told us that the margin of error was plus or minus 10 percentage points, as is usually the case for a subset of poll respondents.

Saw a link today to Rasmussen stating the same thing.

Grabbed the wrong one when I googled it.

Info is still good.

Edit: well shit. In the interest of full disclosure (take notes Mac) I have this news feed app that came loaded on my iPhone.

I frequently peruse it. Very often, more than half the time, when I click on an interesting story it fails to load. I saw the headline and the first couple lines of it, clicked and it failed to load. I thought it would be an interesting contrast to Mac's big news. So I googled it, glanced at the result and thought it was the same story in a different paper.

I'm can't find the story I noted in the news feed, and the story from Rasmussen seems to be for paid subscribers only.

Admonishment accepted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
shake Yeah, at which 'point' had their "deplorable dispicablenesses basket"-overflowing BEEN the 'decisionitive' for THAT then? I'd state it had been quite LAX previously, as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dickie Crickets
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It kind of feels like both parties are beginning to splinter into two. The Republicans are stuck between the rabid derangement of the alt-right, and the more vintage church-and-croquet crowd. Meanwhile, Democratic sure thing Hillary Clinton almost got run off the road by a shouty old hippie from Vermont. The young and/or liberal wing of the party is tired of having to compromise everything they care about because the oppositional party never does. They've gone from the New Deal to table scraps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eaglebeak wrote:
It kind of feels like both parties are beginning to splinter into two. The Republicans are stuck between the rabid derangement of the alt-right, and the more vintage church-and-croquet crowd. Meanwhile, Democratic sure thing Hillary Clinton almost got run off the road by a shouty old hippie from Vermont. The young and/or liberal wing of the party is tired of having to compromise everything they care about because the oppositional party never does. They've gone from the New Deal to table scraps.

There is a bit of a difference. Sanders lefty followers (naive, idealistic, soft headed) are a lot more acceptable and desirable than Trump's righty followers (old fashioned racists, altright racists, and theocrats).

I don't see the democrats splitting as long as they incorporate some of Sanders planks. Most are not toxic (help citizens with college debt, public health care, less war activity).

The republicans are actively attacking each other. Heck right here we have a long term conservative writer toss in the towel and suddenly he's a liberal- not even a RINO- and too hell with him! It's like the party isn't even trying to retain moderate republicans any more.

If the far right side successfully drives out the moderates, they'll be left with 20% or less of the senate and house at best. And they'll have much less than half the votes in most elections. We might even end up with a three party system for a while. Basically a 40%, a 25% classic republican party, a 20% racist theocratic party, and 15% independents.

If that happens, I suspect the classic republican party slice would mooch voters away from the right side of the democratic party after 8-10 years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dickie Crickets
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:

There is a bit of a difference. Sanders lefty followers (naive, idealistic, soft headed) are a lot more acceptable and desirable than Trump's righty followers (old fashioned racists, altright racists, and theocrats).

Oh, certainly. I didn't mean to imply any equivalence between Sanders Democrats ("higher wages and cheaper tuitions!") and the armchair psychopaths of the alt-right, beyond their mutual dissatisfaction with their respective default parties.

I'd honestly love to see a four-party system. Give people some options. Progressive Party (left), Democratic Party (center), Republicans (right), and the Alt-Right, so America's racist uncles and embittered white kids have a room of their own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
shake Yeah, at which 'point' had their "deplorable dispicablenesses basket"-overflowing BEEN the 'decisionitive' for THAT then? I'd state it had been quite LAX previously, as well.

Will the Democrats counter them them with their brown people and women ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
GROGnads wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
Will the Democrats counter them them with their brown people and women ?
Y-O-U MUST then "approve" with A-L-L of their 'deplorable dispositions' and represent a plain 'wastebasketcase' of those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.