Subject: How did you eventually mix all the expansions/heroes together? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Phan
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just got my kickstarter today. I'm not sure if I should just play it vanilla for now, or if I should put in the new items/vault weapons/heroes/zombies in.

How did you guys ease into things? Because there's alot of stuff here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely start with just the base game in order to get the rules down. Then you'll be able to layer in the add-ons with context.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Sharkey
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Carcking wrote:
Definitely start with just the base game in order to get the rules down. Then you'll be able to layer in the add-ons with context.

Definitely ^

After that I threw in all necromancers, then subsets of the abominations over a couple games before throwing them all in.

Threw the wolves in by the second game, held off on Deadeye and Crows till 4th and 3rd respectively. Added NPC zombies as just extra normal zombies, haven't really bothered with the artifacts rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Clansman
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
we've been working our way through Dormammu's "Simple Campaign for KS backers": https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1596701/simple-campaign-ks-...

This introduces the elements one-at-a-time...and gives you perfect justification for having the vast number of Survivors, especially if you bought any of the guest artist boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
All you need is love :)
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
I started "all-in" and it was not a good idea meeple

But once you've played a couple of times, I totally recommend this file:
Zombie Deck - Difficulty Estimator
It's an awesome tool to determine the difficulty in your game! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Baker
United Kingdom
Ferndown
Dorset
flag msg tools
mb
Hah, you say that with such conviction, glad you have found it useful though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric T
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I started and completed the first 4 quests of the base game only....then had the game down pretty well and waited for everything else.

Once I got everything (Knights pledge), I did throw all the necro's and bosses and specials , NPC's / Deadeye's, and it was a bit too much.

All the different hero's are fine (using 6 to 8), I found that fun trying out different combo's of hero's to finish the last 6 quests in the base game book.

Then I usually mixed in 3 or 4 specials - Wolfbom / Abom / deadeye's / wolfz, a boss or 2 and only 1 or 2 necro's, this seems to be the best play for me and my son.

I also threw in all of the equipment cards for all quests....just the way I like it!

You really have to try different comb's, it is one thing that makes the game very fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played only the base game. Until the rest of my pledge came in the mail. Then I mixed it all together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M H
msg tools
I'll put this here but I've houseruled a little bit so take that with a grain of salt.

I just finished a game with my brother tonight that took 4 hours and ended up being the most grueling and yet satisfying loss I've had.

Right now, my setup includes:
- all NPC 1 and NPC 2 models, but only a single NPC card set
- all Deadeye wallker models and cards (1x set)
- all special character Necromancers from the Knight Kickstarter and a single spawn card for each
- currently using all standard Necromancer cards but I think I'll reduce it to two or three standard Necromancer spawn cards in the next game. It seems like Necromancers are just spawning too much mixed with the special Necromancers
- All standard Abomination/Wolfbomination spawn cards ***
- Two spawn cards for each of the special Abominations from the Knight Kickstarter (Abom box and exclusives) ***
- All Wolfz spawn cards
- All Murder of Crowz spawn cards (1x set)

*** I use a hitpoint based system for Abominations I've posted before. It's been altered by people to use however they want. In short, my system I've personally enjoyed for its simplicity is all Aboms having 4/5/6/7 health based on the highest level of the survivors (blue/yellow/orange/red). Damage done to Aboms is reduced by one. This allows me to add more Abom cards to the deck and experience the entire set over the course of the game.

Adding all of this stuff in with all of the equipment cards and any hero you want has lead me to playing games where you are fighting for the win. I'm pretty sure I've lost more than I've won but those wins sure feel like you've earned it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.