Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Techno Bowl: Arcade Football Unplugged» Forums » Rules

Subject: Do failures chain? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was reading through the rules and was wondering what happens when:

1) Player A fails a block skill check (reversal with auto-success by Player B)
2) Player B activates another player to Block someone else and fails.

Does this cause:

1) Auto reversal of block from Player A, then Player A activates

or

2) Auto reversal of block from Player A and actions all end?

If the free action was a full move only (no skill check) then the action would obviously end. I'm curious if the Extra free action (with skill check) failing causes another free action of the other player until there are no failures.

My reading of the rules say yes.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Nace
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is the way I interpret it, the free activations all must conclude before the next activation from a card happens. So if players keep failing actions on free activations, it would keep going back and forth forever.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason "J.T." Taylor
United States
North Highlands
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This would be a chained melody...
1 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jt4jc wrote:
This would be a chained melody...


Until someone breaks the chain .. making it unchained whistle
3 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone has it right. Successes and failures do chain. Have fun!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Williams

Michigan
msg tools
mb
What if i have player numbers 1,2,3 Say i activate 1, roll 10+ then I activate 2, he does another 10+ roll. could i then reactivate 1, or would 3 have to activate since 1 and 2 already did?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
junkit44 wrote:
What if i have player numbers 1,2,3 Say i activate 1, roll 10+ then I activate 2, he does another 10+ roll. could i then reactivate 1, or would 3 have to activate since 1 and 2 already did?

You could reactivate player 1. You just can't reactivate the same player that generated that particular total success.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Rollins
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
If 1 rolls a 10+ on a blitz, but then fails the 2nd block (e.g. #55 chefs on a half move + blitz + block), what order do the sequential additional actions take place?

Active player gains a activation from the success, but finishes current activation first. Within the same activation, he fails ending his activation and giving his opponent an activation.

Which is next? The activation from the first total success, or the activation from the latter failure?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
General Kale
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
pikachewbacca wrote:
If 1 rolls a 10+ on a blitz, but then fails the 2nd block (e.g. #55 chefs on a half move + blitz + block), what order do the sequential additional actions take place?

Active player gains a activation from the success, but finishes current activation first. Within the same activation, he fails ending his activation and giving his opponent an activation.

Which is next? The activation from the first total success, or the activation from the latter failure?

If a player makes multiple skill checks during his activation, only the final skill check generates an action.
2 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
General Kale wrote:
If a player makes multiple skill checks during his activation, only the final skill check generates an action.

This is the right answer.

pikachewbacca wrote:
If 1 rolls a 10+ on a blitz, but then fails the 2nd block (e.g. #55 chefs on a half move + blitz + block), what order do the sequential additional actions take place?

Also, Blitz skill allows you to perform a block as part of a move action, so you wouldn't be able to do this [since it's the same a blocking twice]. You could do a blitz block on your half move and then tackle though.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Rollins
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Thank you!

It was only my 2nd game, and the first with skills and it really seemed impossible to stop #55 with the way I had misunderstood the rules.

Appreciate you coming in to answer questions as the designer. Love your game!
1 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pikachewbacca wrote:
Thank you!

It was only my 2nd game, and the first with skills and it really seemed impossible to stop #55 with the way I had misunderstood the rules.

Appreciate you coming in to answer questions as the designer. Love your game!

Thanks Brad! Glad to help.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.