Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Original game designer post:

Lopezzz wrote:
If you have any questions about the rules or scenarios, please add them here. I will try to answer them as soon as possible.

EDIT:

Please, only ask questions about the rules (rulebook and cards).

If you have any questions about production (components, replacements, other languages, retail, addons etc) I suggest to write a pm on a kickstarter or directly to Titan Forge Games.

Hi all,
Some of us have our game and have being making really nice questions on the other thread. I figured I collect the Q/A on one post for those that would get the game in a few month from now (like me); for easy access / review.

Please continue asking in here (would be ideal if mods close the other, Sebastian have being PM, and I hope for his blessing. It would make the collecting data easier)

I would keep the 1st post updated as much as I can. If you see anything that should be under a different section, please let me know. I don't own the game yet.

enjoy gaming
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Lobotomy (FAQS and rules) v 2.0
ERRATA:

1. Page 19 "the more opponents are gathered on a single space, the more ef-"
this sentence occurs twice. It is also at the start of the next paragraph (right side on this page)

2. Vampire: blood bond skill (description missing) it should read:
Blood bond – gain +1 to attack rolls and an additional attack action for each other vampire within 4 spaces.

3. In handicap scenario: you noticed that Thralls don't have chaotic skill (Description missing) and is not mentioned in setup.
Thrall is a mental patient with these additional skills:
Boss. Ap 2.
Guard – characters cannot attack a vampire if there is a thrall on the same space.
Chaotic – add a chaos die to this monster's attack.

4. Memory scenario: Big Mommas: Leech Soul (missing description), it should read:
Leech soul – this monster heals for the amount of damage dealt.

5. Scenario: Body Snatchers It should say to randomized 3 safe tokens, NO 4.
"Randomize 3 safes not 4. It is a mistake in rulebook, this scenarios with 4 safes would be a disaster. There should be 3 safes - 2 empty on the reverse, and one with the documents. If it is like this, then it is ok. About the key - only one is in the box, should be more (preferably 3, but 2 is a maximum I ever had in a game). The solution would be to replace the second key with any token or marker, the key has no secret information on the bottom so it should not be a problem. And most of the time there is only 1 key present"

Re nemesis. Their is difference between his rules in the rulebook and his monster card. Click spoiler tag to reveal all clarifications.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
There are differences between the Nemesis monster card rules and the Nemesis rules from rulebook page 28. Which are the correct rules?
Nemesis monster card rules. It is a translation issue. Nemesis attacks once but have two different type of attacks (like most of other boss monsters) - so the card is correct (if this is what you have in mind)

Concerning the Nemesis it´s not only the Attacks thing, but also some other issues. I am going to compare the Nemesis-Rulebook-Rules from page 28 (NRR) with the Nemesis-Card-Rules (NCR).

1. NRR says: "The statistics of the Nemesis are the same as the haunted player´s statistics from his character card but improved by 1 (ex. if character´s AP is 3 then Nemesis has 4, if character´s AR is 5+ then Nemesis has 4+).
NCR says: Nemesis Action Points is a fixed value of "1".
Which source is correct concerning the AP-value of the Nemesis?

Fixed AP-value of "1" from the Nemesis card.

2. NRR says, that the Nemesis always attacks twice, you already said that the Nemesis attacks only once after one roll on the Attacks table.
If the Attacks table roll is a 1-3 it´s a weapon attack. NRR says it´s a normal attack of a random weapon or bare fists, but the NCR says it´s a random weapon or bare fists plus 3 attack dice.
Which source is correct concerning the number of attack dice for the Nemesis?

Weapon/bare fists attack die + 3 additional attack die from the card.

3. NRR says, that a random attack skill is used. NRC says, that it must be an "unused skill card".
Which attack skill can by used by the Nemesis?

Any attack skill can be used by the Nemesis according to the NRR and it do not use up durability or cooldowns.

FAQS:

Setup and General rules

Describe where exactly put these objects: Cabinet / shelves / bodies
Cabinets/ Shelves - it is the same element but with 2 different graphics (to add some variety), same with bodies. You have highlighted places on each quarter (usually about 5 of them), put the face-down cabinets/shelves on each of these spots. Replace one of these tokens with a body token, which one is up to you, body tokens are for players for an easy gear-up during an early game so the closest ones are the best.

Re: Placement of body tokens, rulebook page 6. Last year in Essen we were allowed to place one body token on the pentagram in the middle of the board and one in each quarter of the board on a bright/highlighted corridor place. You already did say that you have to replace cabinet tokens to place the body tokens, so I only would like to ask you, would allowing to play it as we did last year makes the game too easy or would you consider this to be okay?
It is definitely ok. This system (bodies on the corridors) was play-tested a lot and almost land in the final version. It is a little bit easier that way but nothing game breaking

Placement of doors: is it only doors between rooms and the corridor or also between two rooms? I assume we don't have to place doors on the solitary confinement cells?
The places to put the door tokens are a little bit highlighted. You do not put a token on solitary cells.

cabinet search: if a search fails, can you immediately try to search the cabinet again if you still have an action left? It might spawn another monster, but that's the risk you have to take then. Or is the cabinet discarded once it is flipped, no matter whether the search was successful or not?
The lockers are discarded after the search test no matter what result was (your imagination could be not strong enough to imagine an item inside )

Re: Critical, pages 18 & 20 and Avoidance page 29. How do these two rules interact with each other?
You *avoid* against each doubled wound separately.

Can there be any automatic hits in this game, for example a buffed Arnie Connors, OR are natural "1"s during attack rolls always a failure?
If you are hitting on 1 then you are hitting automatically

Re: Power attack, monsters and avoidance, rulebook page 19. It is written that a stunned character has 0 defense and loses all avoidance. A stunned monster has 0 defense but there is nothing written about keeping or losing avoidance.
Stunned monster does not use his avoidance ability just like a character.

Why are characters AoE-attacks and monster AoE-attacks designed differently? Somehow I like the monster AoE-attack-design a little bit more from a *realistic* point of view, if there is any kind of realism in a boardgame about patients in a psychiatric hospital.
The monster's attack with a character's type of AOE would be clunky and could cause a lot confusion. Also the AOE is most powerfull if there is a LOT monsters on a space. There are not many situations where there is a whole bunch of characters on one space. The opposite situation - monster's AOE would be to powerfull for a characters (but some skills work similar)

Why do you only roll once for a monster AoE-attack against all characters at the same time? I noticed that if the monsters AoE-attack-roll is *good* it can be really devastating to the whole group. On the other hand, if the monsters attack-roll is *bad*, the whole group suffers only minor damage. It takes more time, but are there any problems with resolving a monster AoE-attack with different separate attack-rolls against each character independently?
Mostly to speed things up. Also they should be devastating, but not many monster's have this type of attack. There is no problem with playing in a way that monster attack each character separately. It is longer of course, but if it works for you it is more than ok

Are basic skills chosen actively by the player or do I have to draw them randomly?
Basic skills are always chosen actively, the set-up basic skills as well as the basic skills you trade for memory cards.

Re: Death, page 24. After non-permanent death, what does "recover two insanity points" mean?
Just subtract 2 insanity points from your insanity level when you died.

Re: Finishing a scenario reward(s), page 26. Do we get both rewards or do we have to choose one?
Both rewards.

What does "discard" normally mean?
Discard normally means "Place a discarded card next to the deck it belongs to and if the deck is used up but you need another card, reshuffle all discarded cards and create a new deck". Bur remember that memory cards when discarded (used as one use ability or replaced with skill cards) are out of the game. Memory deck once exhausted is gone for this game

Re: Discarding the not chosen mental disorder cards, page 6. What does "discard the rest" mean?
Put them back into the mental disorder decks they are from.

Each character has it´s own memory deck, and if it is gone, it is gone. The memory tokens themselves can be re-used, there are just not more memory tokens allowed on the game board than 12 at once?
Yes, memory tokens can be re-used, just not more than 12 memory tokens on the main board at once, as written on rulebook page 6.

Re: Main board, page 29. What is the "main board"?
The whole board.

Re: Handicaps, page 31 onwards. If we play with 3 players only, should we use only the 3 player handicap and/or also the 4 player handicap
Both handicaps

How does using Sanity to get one Defense die interacts with being stunned from a power attack?
Your Defense is 0 but you get the shields from the defense die.

Scenarios

Memories scenario is too abstract, please explain setup.
Setup: it is really easy. Just randomize 1 diary token on each quarter (simply by rolling d12 on each quarter) and put a little girl on each of these tokens.
You are using Day Room quarter for this scenario and this quarter has a small square guard room in a corner - put a Big Momma there.
The casette token you want to put as far as possible from this room - so diagonally on the opposite quarter (if day room is A than cassette token will be on C) in a space that is in a corner or as close to a corner as possible

In Scenario "Memories" If we are able to get 2 of these Little Girl Spawn Coins the text says, Big Mama loses her 4 avoidance. My Big Mama Card has no avoidance on it. Do the Girls lose avoidance?
Yes

Re: scenario "Lesbian Vampire Diaries"
The female vampires try to reach one altar each. On reaching the altar, they become "empowered" and can no longer revive their thrall on surge.
What does "empowered" mean and which addition abilities (if at all) do the vampires get?

Empower – becomes empowered upon reaching the token. AR and Def becomes 3.

Re: scenario "Balloon Frenzy" p42, there is no 4 players handicap. Is this intentional or an oversight?
Yes, some scenarios could not have specific handicaps, that is correct.

Monster rules, abilities, cards

Re: Monster spawn, page 10. What happens if I should spawn a monster and don´t have a miniature left for this spawn?
Nothing, all monsters are in the game, that´s it.

Re: Witch monster card. Does I have to use "the damaged character moves to a random space" only fe I rolled a natural "6" for the attack OR do I have to use this regardless of the rolled attack?
Only after rolled "6".

Re: Witch monster card. What does "random space" mean?
It means "Randomization" according to the rulebook definition from page 28

Re: Big Mama monster card. What does "eternal grudge" mean?
When Big Momma is defeated spawn her again in her starting position (as during scenario setup).

Re: Big Mama monster card, eternal grudge and Memorable, rulebook page 29. When can "Memorable" be used?
Only when Mama is killed "for good" (after the cassette reaches its destination).

Re: Antichrist monster card, If I roll a natural attack "6", how often can I roll again?
As long as you roll "6"s.

Re: Twins monster card. I roll 6 dice with "Ghostly" AND "critical strike" + 5 dice with *only* "Ghostly"? Is this one single attack, so I should roll all dice at once together or are these two different attacks resolved one after another?
Two attacks one after another.

Re: Nemesis monster card. Why should I play with the Nemesis if it´s only making the game more difficult and doesn´t offer any reward?
You should play with the mini boss (nemesis or any addon one instead), that is why we put him in the box. There is a possibility that he will not spawn at all (at least with 1 scenario game) but the feeling of constant danger should be there.

What happens if I roll for the one nemesis attack a 4-6 on the attacks table but I don´t have any attack skill available?
Attack with a random weapon or bare fists instead.

RE: The Clown is one of the *big* bosses with variable HP depending on player number and all other *big* bosses have the "memorable" skill. Is this by intention that The Clown doesn´t have the "memorable" skill?
Yes, The Clown doesn´t have the "memorable" skill by intention.

Character Abilities and attacks

Re: Frost attack, page 19. What happens to a frozen monster that does not have to move and attacks twice?
Only the first attack rolls one less die.

Re: AoE attack, page 19. Can I use an AoE-Attack on a space my miniature and/or other friendly miniatures are standing?
Yes, and only enemy miniatures are damaged.

Had a game with the characters: Dayle Walker and Helena Swann. They both get the "gaspipe" as starting equipment, but we only found one "gaspipe" equipment card?!
One character gets a gaspipe and the other one gets a random weapon

Re: Inspiring presence, page 29. Does Inspiring presence stack? Does Aura of Despair stack? Does Aura of Reality stack?
Yes.

Re: Imagination, rulebook page 7. There are meds/drugs card which can increase the Imagination value.
Is this increase permanent?

It is not permanent (all drugs are not permanent except restoring ones). It is just for one test (search or any other Imagination related test). It also does not work in monster's turn because drugs can be used only in your turn

Re: Arnie´s Memory Wrestlmania skill and Boss monster, rulebook page 29. Boss monsters cannot be controlled in any way. Does using the Wrestlemania skill counts as "controlling" a monster?
The "can not be controlled in any way" refers to literally controlling a guy like with the Voodoo Doll equipment card for example or with mind control type skills. So you can use Wrestlemania, Frost attacks and even Shifting Strike against boss monsters.

Re: Arnie´s Memory skill "Killing Machine" allows me to add the AoE-effect on my non-ranged weapon attacks.
With Arnie´s Memory skill "Killing Machine", do I multiply my weapon dice with the numbers of enemies on my space or do I *only* get the AoE-effect and can damage multiple monsters?

You just get the chance to damage multiple monsters and don´t multiply your weapon attack dice with the number of monsters in your space. the best use for this ability is to finish several wounded enemy in one attack

Re: Ellen D. Ridley´s starting special ability says: "... You can leave spaces with monsters of that type on them...".
Can Ellen leave any space with at least one monster of her chosen type regardless of other monsters of different types on the same space?

No, Ellen can only leave spaces where there are only one or more monster of her chosen type and no other monsters of different types on the same space.

Re: OCD deck, "Trail of sorrow"-utility. To which space do I have to deal damage?
Deal damage to the space the miniature is leaving

How does "Unholy" interact with an AoE-Attack?
You don't have to take an imagination test if using an AoE-Attack against a space with one or more monster with the "Unholy"-skill. the AOE attack is directed against the space

If using a ranged attack against an "Unholy"-monster, does the character has to take the imagination test?
You always have to take an imagination test even if using a ranged attack against an "Unholy"-monster. melee or ranged does not matter in this case

Misc
Do I miss something or is there really only one regular way to get more mental disorder cards, and that is "Finishing a scenario", rulebook page 26?
That's the main way plus an equipment card (Medical History) plus Marcus memory card. There is also a character (B.A.Dolly) whose skills can be changed every turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
reserve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the last post on that original thread, for which there is not answer yet.

GeneralGrundmann wrote:
@Sebastian
Thank you for your fast answers! :-)

Some more questions:

1. This is a more general question concerning your use of the word "discard" and if this means to be "removed from game" or not. You already answered this question concerning discarding unused mental disorders during character setup, these cards are not removed from game.

There is an interesting example on rulebook page 13, Memories
- Memory tokens that are picked up are discarded after drawing a memory card
- If I trade 2 memory cards for one basic skill, these two memory cards are discarded and it is additionally written: "If you do that, discard the memory cards (do not put them back in the memory deck)".

"Discard" is used very often.

It has a massive impact on the game if discarded cards can be used again or not!
And if yes, in which kind of way.

Examples:
- memory tokens
- weapons
- equipment
- drugs/meds

Q: What does "discard" normally mean?

A) Remove from game.
OR
B) Put it back where it is from and reshuffle the deck.
OR
C) Place a discarded card next to the deck it belongs to and if the deck is used up but you need another card, reshuffle all discarded cards and create a new deck.

2. Placement of body tokens, rulebook page 6.
Last year in Essen we were allowed to place one body token on the pentagram in the middle of the board and one in each quarter of the board on a bright/highlighted corridor place.

Q: You already did say that you have to replace cabinet tokens to place the body tokens, so I only would like to ask you, would allowing to play it as we did last year makes the game too easy or would you consider this to be okay?

A) Too easy. You have to replace a cabinet token to place a body token.
OR
B) It´s okay, it´s a house rule but give it a try.

3. Imagination, rulebook page 7.

There are meds/drugs card which can increase the Imagination value.

Q: Is this increase permanent?

A) Yes.
OR
B) No.

4. Power attack, monsters and avoidance, rulebook page 19.

It is written that a stunned character has 0 defense and loses all avoidance. A stunned monster has 0 defense but there is nothing written about keeping or losing avoidance.

Q: Which is correct?

A) Yes, a stunned monster can still use avoidance.
OR
B) No, a stunned monster can also not use any avoidance.

5. Big Mama monster card, eternal grudge and Memorable, rulebook page 29.

Q: When can "Memorable" be used?

A) Only the first time Big Mama is killed.
OR
B) Only the second time Big Mama is killed once and for all!
OR
C) Each time Big Mama is killed.

6. Arnie´s Memory Wrestlmania skill and Boss monster, rulebook page 29.

Boss monsters cannot be controlled in any way.

Q: Does using the Wrestlemania skill counts as "controlling" a monster?

A) Yes, it does count as controlling a monster, so you can´t move round Boss monsters.
OR
B) No, it doesn´t count as controlling a monster, so push The Warden around if you dare!

7. OCD deck, "Trail of sorrow"-utility

Q: To which space do I have to deal damage?

A) Deal damage to the space the miniature is leaving.
OR
B) Deal damage to the space the miniature moves into.
OR
C) Deal damage to both spaces.

8. Q: Do I miss something or is there really only one regular way to get more mental disorder cards, and that is "Finishing a scenario", rulebook page 26?

A) You are right, that´s the only way.
OR
B) You are missing this: ...

9. If you play Dayle and Helena together you told us to give one of both the gaspipe and the other person a random weapon. Personally I would prefere to give Dayle the Gaspipe because his miniature already carries a gaspipe. And I think it´s so cool that Grandma Bates get a random weapon by default, I don´t want to over use it.

I am torn between the Kitchen Knife or the Scalpel as starting weapon for Helena. I would prefere the Scalpel because the Ellen miniature looks like she is already holding the Kitchen Knife.

Q: If you have to choose between Kitchen Knife and Scalpel, which one would you give Helena from your game designer point of view?

A) Kitchen Knife
OR
B) Scalpel

Keep up your excellent clarification work!

Best regards
GeneralGrundmann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Kozak
Poland
Szczecin
Zachodniopomorskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wow, great work, I appreciate

Now the answers:
Discard normally means "Place a discarded card next to the deck it belongs to and if the deck is used up but you need another card, reshuffle all discarded cards and create a new deck". Bur remember that memory cards when discarded (used as one use ability or replaced with skill cards) are out of the game. Memory deck once exhausted is gone for this game.

It is definately ok. This system (bodies on the corridors)was playtested a lot and almost land in the final version. It is a little bit easier that way but nothing gamebreaking.

It is not permanent (all drugs are not permanent except restoring ones). It is just for one test (search or any other Imagination related test). It also does not work in monster's turn because drugs can be used only in your turn.

Stunned monster do not use his avoidance ability just like a character.

Only when Mama is killed "for good" (after the cassette reaches its destination).

The "can not be controlled in any way" refers to literally controling a guy like with the Voodoo Doll equipment card for example or with mind control type skills. So you can use Wrestlemania, Frost attacks and even Shifting Strike against boss monsters.

Deal damage to the space the miniature is leaving

Thats the main way plus an equipment card (Medical History) plus Marcus memory card. There is also a character (B.A.Dolly) whose skills can be changed every turn.

9. B.A.Dolly starts with a kitchen knife. Scalpel is nice, both weapons have a similar power level. Helena is quite a mobile character so this additional free scalpel attack would work nicely with her.

Regards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Grundmann
msg tools
Ah, Sebastian, that you respond so fast is totally awesome, I really, really appreciate that and thank you very much!

This forces me to play another game right now, but hey!

I hope you are not annoyed by my questions already, I´ve got two more.

1. Each character has it´s own memory deck, and if it is gone, it is gone.

Q: The memory tokens themselves can be re-used, there are just not more memory tokens allowed on the game board than 12 at once?

A) Yes, memory tokens can be re-used, just not more than 12 memory tokens on the main board at once, as written on rulebook page 6.
OR
B) No, memory tokens can not be re-used, if they are discarded remove them from the game just like discarded memory cards.

2. Another, perhaps odd, question concerning the basic skills.

Q: Are basic skills chosen actively by the player or do I have to draw them randomly?

A) Basic skills are always chosen actively, the set-up basic skills as well as the basic skills you trade for memory cards.
OR
B) Only the set-up basic skills are chosen actively, the basic skills you trade for memory cards are drawn randomly.
OR
C) All basic skills are always drawn randomly.

Thank you so much for the answers! They really help me to get a much better feeling concerning the game and its mechanics. Also thanks for the design advices for body token placement and Helenas starting weapon, I was also preferring the Scalpel. laugh

At this point, I don´t have any more questions. Which is such a good feeling, just playing the game with no open answers left!

But I haven´t been through all scenarios, obviously, and I haven´t played with the expansion yet. I am going to play the expansion after completing each main game scenario at least once. If I find any more questions, I am going to nerve you again... whistle

Very best regards
GeneralGrundmann

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Kozak
Poland
Szczecin
Zachodniopomorskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi General

The answers:

1. A

2. A

I am glad you are enjoying the game
I will be here daily so no problem with answering to more questions.

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Grundmann
msg tools
Hello again!

Q: How does using Sanity to get one Defense die interacts with being stunned from a power attack?

A) Your Defense is 0 but you get the shields from the defense die.
OR
B) Stunned sets your Defense to 0 with no exception.

Q: There are differences between the Nemesis monster card rules and the Nemesis rules from rulebook page 28. Which are the correct rules?

A) Nemesis rules from rulebook page 28.
OR
B) Nemesis monster card rules.

Q: The Clown is one of the *big* bosses with variable HP depending on player number and all other *big* bosses have the "memorable" skill. Is this by intention that The Clown doesn´t have the "memorable" skill?

A) Yes, The Clown doesn´t have the "memorable" skill by intention.
OR
B) No, The Clown should have the "memorable" skill.

Regards
GeneralGrundmann

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lopezzz wrote:
Wow, great work, I appreciate .... Regards

my pleasure, glad you and other like it

update to here, question above would be added once answered
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Kozak
Poland
Szczecin
Zachodniopomorskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi

1. A

2. B - it is a translation issue. Nemesis attacks once but have two different type of attacks (like most of other boss monsters) - so the card is correct (if this is what you have in mind)

3. A

Regards
Sebastian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Grundmann
msg tools
Thanks again Sebastian!

Concerning the Nemesis it´s not only the Attacks thing, but also some other issues. cool

I am going to compare the Nemesis-Rulebook-Rules from page 28 (NRR) with the Nemesis-Card-Rules (NCR).

1. NRR says: "The statistics of the Nemesis are the same as the haunted player´s statistics from his character card but improved by 1 (ex. if character´s AP is 3 then Nemesis has 4, if character´s AR is 5+ then Nemesis has 4+).

NCR says: Nemesis Action Points is a fixed value of "1".

Q: Which source is correct concerning the AP-value of the Nemesis?

A) Variable AP value from the rulebook.
OR
B) Fixed AP-value of "1" from the Nemesis card.

2. NRR says, that the Nemesis always attacks twice, you already said that the Nemesis attacks only once after one roll on the Attacks table.

If the Attacks table roll is a 1-3 it´s a weapon attack. NRR says it´s a normal attack of a random weapon or bare fists, but the NCR says it´s a random weapon or bare fists plus 3 attack dice.

Q: Which source is correct concerning the number of attack dice for the Nemesis?

A) Just the unmodified attack die number according to the used weapon/bare fists from the rulebook.
OR
B) Weapon/bare fists attack die + 3 additional attack die from the card.

3. NRR says, that a random attack skill is used. NRC says, that it must be an "unused skill card".

Q: Which attack skill can by used by the Nemesis?

A) Any attack skill can be used by the Nemesis according to the NRR and it do not use up durability or cooldowns.
OR
B) Only an unused attack skill can be used by the Nemesis according to the NCR and it uses up durability or cooldowns.

Q: What happens if I roll for the one nemesis attack a 4-6 on the attacks table but I don´t have any attack skill available?

A) Attack with a random weapon or bare fists instead.
OR
B) If there is no attack skill available although you should attack with one, the Nemesis simply doesn´t attack.

Arnie´s Memory skill "Killing Machine" allows me to add the AoE-effect on my non-ranged weapon attacks.

Q: With Arnie´s Memory skill "Killing Machine", do I multiply my weapon dice with the numbers of enemies on my space or do I *only* get the AoE-effect and can damage multiple monsters?

A) You get the full AoE-effect and multiply your weapon attack dice with the number of enemies in your space.
OR
B) You just get the chance to damage multiple monsters and don´t multiply your weapon attack dice with the number of monsters in your space.

Ellen D. Ridley´s starting special ability says: "... You can leave spaces with monsters of that type on them...".

Q: Can Ellen leave any space with at least one monster of her chosen type regardless of other monsters of different types on the same space?

A) Yes, Ellen can leave any space if there is at least one monster of her chosen type on the same space regardless of other monsters of different types on the same space.
OR
B) No, Ellen can only leave spaces where there are only one or more monster of her chosen type and no other monsters of different types on the same space.

Q: Why are characters AoE-attacks and monster AoE-attacks designed differently? Somehow I like the monster AoE-attack-design a little bit more from a *realistic* point of view, if there is any kind of realism in a boardgame about patients in a psychiatric hospital. laugh

A: ...

Q: Why do you only roll once for a monster AoE-attack against all characters at the same time? I noticed that if the monsters AoE-attack-roll is *good* it can be really devastating to the whole group. On the other hand, if the monsters attack-roll is *bad*, the whole group suffers only minor damage. It takes more time, but are there any problems with resolving a monster AoE-attack with different separate attack-rolls against each character independently?

A: ...

Regards
GeneralGrundmann

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Kozak
Poland
Szczecin
Zachodniopomorskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi

1. B

2. B

3. A

4. A

5. B - the best use for this ability is to finish several wounded enemy in one attack

6. B

7. The monster's attack with a character's type of AOE would be clunky and could cause a lot confusion. Also the AOE is most powerfull if there is a LOT monsters on a space. There are not many situations where there is a whole bunch of characters on one space. The opposite situation - monster's AOE would be to powerfull for a characters (but some skills work similar).

8. Mostly to speed things up. Also they should be devastating, but not many monster's have this type of attack. There is no problem with playing in a way that monster attack each character separately. It is longer of course, but if it works for you it is more than ok

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
life got busy...
update to here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Grundmann
msg tools
Thanks again Sebastian!

And thank you too, chang.

Regards
GeneralGrundmann

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Lopezzz wrote:

4. A

Glad I checked this thread - I thought it was B!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Doe
msg tools
I got a few more questions:

1.) Missing Tokens:
For the scenario "Body Snatchers" there are only 3 safes (should be 4) and only one key (should also be four)

2.) The Warden
The Warden figure is leaning way over front. It does not fall over, but it looks strange. Should it be like this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Acharak wrote:

2.) The Warden
The Warden figure is leaning way over front. It does not fall over, but it looks strange. Should it be like this?

That sounds like it's been bent in transit. That's a common issue with miniatures in games, but luckily it's normally easy to rectify:

Give it a hot (not boiling) water bath and it'll either go back to the correct form or you can gently ease it - then a cold water bath and it'll set fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Acharak wrote:
I got a few more questions:
2.) The Warden

hey man please keep this thread for rules only. If you have any question about missing components or how to fix some stuff; ask on the forums anyone able to help would gladly do so... but sadly as Sebastian mention, he does not have a way to answer regarding those.

THAT said..
JudgementDave wrote:
Acharak wrote:

2.) The Warden

That sounds like it's been bent in transit. That's a common issue with miniatures in games, but luckily it's normally easy to rectify:

Give it a hot (not boiling) water bath and it'll either go back to the correct form or you can gently ease it - then a cold water bath and it'll set fine.

and if you are afraid that hot water might be too hot and meld ur mini (I know lol I`m crazy.. lol)

blow-dryer works... Max on hot air, warm ur mini, unbent it... cool air.. voila

AND..
@Sebastian please confirmed if he is missing tokens or if there is an errata here somewhere:

Acharak wrote:
1.) Missing Tokens:
For the scenario "Body Snatchers" there are only 3 safes (should be 4) and only one key (should also be four)

@GG any input on that one? thanks I understand that acharak only have 3 tokens for the safe and one 1 key.. u? or could this be an errata?
thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Grundmann
msg tools
@Chang
Yes, the token count is correct. :-)

Only three safe-tokens and one key token are available. :-(

I don't know if there should be an errata, I haven't played this scenario yet. ;-)

Regards
GeneralGrundmann

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GeneralGrundmann wrote:
@Chang

I don't know if there should be an errata, I haven't played this scenario yet. ;-)

Regards
GeneralGrundmann

The Body Snatchers scenario requires you to randomize 4 safes and you may need 4 keys (each player can only carry 1 key at a time, so it depends partly on player count and what they actually do).

It actually states that there may be more than 1 key carried by (multiple) players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Doe
msg tools
Thanks for the quick replies guys.

Sorry about the wrong thread for my first question, that's just the thread where the guys from Titanforge Games at Facebook pointed me at.

Nonetheless, I'll try to fix my mini.

@Judgement Dave
Exactly, thanks for elaborating my problem. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Grundmann
msg tools
@Sebastian

Q: How does "Unholy" interact with an AoE-Attack?

A: You don't have to take an imagination test if using an AoE-Attack against a space with one or more monster with the "Unholy"-skill.
OR
B: You still have to take an imagination test if using an AoE-Attack against a space with one or more monsters with the "Unholy"-skill.

It's an important difference if an AoE-Attack is directed against monsters on a space (B) OR if an AoE-Attack is directed against a "space" (A).

Example: Frankensteins Monster with the "Unholy"-Skill and three Scavengers are together on one space. One character wants to use an AoE-Attack.

If this character has to take an imagination test because of the "Unholy"-Skill, the Scavengers benefit from the "Unholy"-Skill.

If the character can use an AoE-Attack without taking an imagination test against an "Unholy"-monster, an AoE-Attack cancels the "Unholy"-skill in general.

Q: If using a ranged attack against an "Unholy"-monster, does the character has to take the imagination test?

A: You never have to take an imagination test if using a ranged attack against an "Unholy"-monster.
OR
B: You always have to take an imagination test even if using a ranged attack against an "Unholy"-monster.
OR
C: When you are using a ranged attack against an "Unholy"-monster you only have to take an imagination test if the attacker and the "Unholy"-monster are located on the same space. When using a ranged attack against an "Unholy"-monster at least one space away from the attacker, you don't have to take an imagination test.

Regards
GeneralGrundmann

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeneralGrundmann wrote:
@Chang

Regards
GeneralGrundmann

JudgementDave wrote:
GeneralGrundmann wrote:
@Chang

Regards
GeneralGrundmann

The Body Snatchers scenario requires you to randomize 4 safes and you may need 4 keys (each player can only carry 1 key at a time, so it depends partly on player count and what they actually do).

It actually states that there may be more than 1 key carried by (multiple) players.

thanks for replies..
hmm.... so TFG made only 3 tokens when you need 4 to setup this scenario? well :/ Is not an errata, is a "we have less token that the ones required to play"

what is your suggestion? just using any homebrew tokens. It seems that you need 4 safe 100% and the chance of needing more than one is actually no low..
thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Kozak
Poland
Szczecin
Zachodniopomorskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi again.

@John Doe

1. Randomize 3 safes not 4. It is a mistake in rulebook, this scenarios with 4 safes would be a disaster. There should be 3 safes - 2 empty on the reverse, and one with the documents. If it is like this, then it is ok. About the key - only one is in the box, should be more (preferably 3, but 2 is a maximum I ever had in a game). The solution would be to replace the second key with any token or marker, the key has no secret information on the bottom so it should not be a problem. And most of the time there is only 1 key present.

2. Judgement Dave gave you an excelent answer

@GeneralGrundmann

1. A - the AOE attack is directed agains the space

2. B - melee or ranged does not matter in this case

Cheers
Sebastian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Grundmann
msg tools
Lopezzz wrote:

@GeneralGrundmann

1. A - the AOE attack is directed agains the space

2. B - melee or ranged does not matter in this case

Thanks again for your fast answers.

You are awesome!

Regards
GeneralGrundmann

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.