Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Christiansen
United States
Wasilla
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
mbmbmbmbmb
They were on here quoting $5 US shipping in another thread, what a deal! So I spent something like 7 hours ordering a copy only to find that wait, no, as an Alaskan it will be $20. I'm used to paying more in shipping, thems the breaks after all. Whats irksome is that there is never any mention of this ahead of time. If you want to charge more to AK is an entry for AK/HI/Guam/Whoever to much to ask? We are part of the US you know. At least that's what they tell me when they ask for my sweet sweet tax monies.

But today I got my copy, and great googly moogly is $20 to ship this beast a good deal. Heres a picture of the box next to my gigantic child:

So yeah, I was a little less irked after that. Then the icing on the cake was this:

A little thank you post card? Ahhh, your welcome Riot! If the game lives up to the hype I'm a pretty happy customer. Just wanted to share that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right about being misinformed and that's on me. And after 7 hours, I imagine that was icing on the cake. Sorry about that, Phil.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Christiansen
United States
Wasilla
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
You're right about being misinformed and that's on me. And after 7 hours, I imagine that was icing on the cake. Sorry about that, Phil.

No no, the tl;dr is all is well and I'm pretty happy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh; I heard that part, too. But I think your initial frustration was pretty fair. And that was on me.

I really hope you and your family enjoy the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Longardner
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that thank you card was a pleasant and welcome surprise. Riot, you guys rock.thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Christiansen
United States
Wasilla
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NevoGamer wrote:
Yes, that thank you card was a pleasant and welcome surprise. Riot, you guys rock.thumbsup

Yeah it just felt really classy to me, and this world needs more class.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amos Dillman
United States
Bement
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't get a thank you card .

Maybe yours was special.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Christiansen
United States
Wasilla
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
amodman wrote:

Maybe yours was special.

It was buried in the packaging, I found it because I'm neurotic about searching the packaging just in case
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amos Dillman
United States
Bement
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SomewhatDamaged wrote:
amodman wrote:

Maybe yours was special.

It was buried in the packaging, I found it because I'm neurotic about searching the packaging just in case

Definitely not in my packaging. Not a huge deal. But "all" I got was the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Christiansen
United States
Wasilla
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
amodman wrote:
SomewhatDamaged wrote:
amodman wrote:

Maybe yours was special.

Definitely not in my packaging. Not a huge deal. But "all" I got was the game!

Want a hi res scan? You could totally do a pnp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SomewhatDamaged wrote:
They were on here quoting $5 US shipping in another thread, what a deal! So I spent something like 7 hours ordering a copy only to find that wait, no, as an Alaskan it will be $20. I'm used to paying more in shipping, thems the breaks after all. Whats irksome is that there is never any mention of this ahead of time. If you want to charge more to AK is an entry for AK/HI/Guam/Whoever to much to ask? We are part of the US you know. At least that's what they tell me when they ask for my sweet sweet tax monies.

But today I got my copy, and great googly moogly is $20 to ship this beast a good deal. Heres a picture of the box next to my gigantic child:

So yeah, I was a little less irked after that. Then the icing on the cake was this:

A little thank you post card? Ahhh, your welcome Riot! If the game lives up to the hype I'm a pretty happy customer. Just wanted to share that

Also an Alaskan here and yup... how they got to us for only $20.... wow, amazing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.