5 Posts

The Castles of Burgundy: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: How many workers can I have? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
glenn f

Maryland
msg tools
The rules at one point say you can only replenish up to 2 workers. Does that mean that 2 is the cap for the restock action or in this game generally? The Round A and B rewards both say you can take 3 workers. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Edwards
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that there is no cap on the number of workers you are allowed to have, but doing the "Restock Workers" action will put you at 2 workers if you have fewer than 2 workers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
glenn f

Maryland
msg tools
thank you so much! Thats how i was playing it but wanted to make sure. Really appreciate the help!!!

@gamesandbourbon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hoang
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
Yea, the word choices could be better. Assuming you can only have a MAX of 2 workers, there's an example or worker usage which contradicts the assumption. Thus, I reinterpret the rule as, "If you have no workers, then take 2 workers, otherwise, take 1 worker."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ricesteam wrote:
Yea, the word choices could be better. Assuming you can only have a MAX of 2 workers, there's an example or worker usage which contradicts the assumption. Thus, I reinterpret the rule as, "If you have no workers, then take 2 workers, otherwise, take 1 worker."

You can have more than 2 workers, but you can't get there by way of Action 4.

Choosing Action 4 when you already have 2 workers is pointless and will not you get above 2 workers.

(In fact, one might even interpret the rule as saying that, if you choose Action 4 with 3 workers, you drop down to 2.)

You can get more than 2 workers by playing knowledge cards to your estate
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.