$20.00
$30.00
$5.00
$15.00
Isaac Heres
Israel
flag msg tools
1. It takes three dice to play when playing solo mode but when you have a match up to four players, I wasn't sure how many dice can you play and I looked up in the rule book many times. They talk about when you have a game up to two players, you take four dices (two dices for both players) but it doesn't say how many dices are played with 4-players

2. There is something that I read about; if you draw a fuse card from the center to your playing field, whether if it's a # or a color, then that number or color is removed from the defusing bombs, but then does it go back in the bag?....and the other thing I looked up (here on BGG under the rules forum) is that there are dices that are not used. Some say that;

. They must be re-rolled
. They must go back in the bag
. They must be rolled to determine which die should be taking out from completing a bomb.

So which is it?

I also wanted to add that I downloaded the 10-minute timer app from Renegade and I feel that it adds tension to the gameplay but I want to know is that does it keep score for points and if so, where in the app is the score section? there isn't anywhere where you can mark down how many points you get

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With 4 or 5 players you roll 4 or 5 dice respectively, one per player.

When a fuse is turned over, all players must, if possible, remove an available die from one of their cards matching the number or color shown. These dice go into the bag immediately, and another card is drawn from the deck to replenish the center bomb pool to 5 cards...possibly revealing another fuse card. This all happens before dice are drawn for the next roll.

With 3-5 players, and 3-5 dice, each player takes one of the dice. If players can not take one of the die to add to their bombs, then after everyone else has placed the die they can place, the left over dice are rolled one at a time, players' choice. The unused dice must be rerolled before applying the penalty effect. After each roll, the rolled die indicates a number and color, and all players must discard a die that matches either the color or number (or both, that works too) that is available on one of their unfinished bombs. The rolled die and matching dice removed are added back to the bag immediately, and any other unused dice queued up are rolled for more removals. Again back to the bag they go, and at no time are the rerolled dice chosen to add to a bomb card.

And yes, the clock is still ticking during all this. Still got what it takes? meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Williams
United Kingdom
Penkridge
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The rules state:

The player with the bag of dice reaches in and draws out a number of dice equal to the number of players in the game, and rolls them. Each player will take at most one of these dice.

So in any game with more than 2 players each player gets one die.

2. Fuse cards trigger when they are drawn from the stack and placed in the centre of the table. They show either a number or a colour. Each player must discard one die that matches the fuse card if they can (note that dice that have other dice stacked on top are safe and can not be discarded).
Once the fuse card is resolved it is discarded and a replacement card is drawn. This continues until there row of cards in the centre of the table is full of bomb cards.

When allocating the dice pool if any player is unable to take a die then it is re rolled and treated like a fuse card - i.e. each player must discard a die that matches either the colour or number shown on the rerolled die. The die together with any discarded dice are returned to the bag. This can happen multiple times in a single turn if more than one die cannot be placed on a bomb card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Heres
Israel
flag msg tools
now if a certain amount of unused dice are re-rolled [to eliminate the proper color or # of the die on a bomb that is not complete]they keep returning to the bag...right? okay so the more dice that are returned to the bag and pull out another 4 dice to roll, no matter what happens there will be dices to be returned and roll again meaning that you will never have a moment where you run out of dices to roll...right?...but where is the challenge/the conflict that decides whether you all win (when all the bombs are defused) or you all lose (the timer counts down to 00:00:00)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are only 25 dice, 5 of each color.

In a 4 player game, that is 8 Bomb cards being worked simultaneously, each capable of holding 1-5 dice without being complete/defused. That, with bad luck and play, could empty the bag.

You also need to agree who gets what die, and in many cases plan which dice to reroll. If someone needs that Blue 4, but someone else needs a third Blue die, that's a choice...you need to decide which move gets more blue dice back to the bag fastest for the other player. Also, if one person can take that Blue die or the Yellow 1, leaving a black die which is a vulnerable color for most of the players...maybe should concentrate on claiming Black to minimize the setback.

As noted before, the clock is ticking, and you really don't have much time to negotiate. If you just grab your die without consulting, you frequently discover everyone doing poorly as others find they can't use anything else while you had choices...meaning a penalty roll that need not have occurred.

Challenge enough?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.