4 Posts

Catan Scenarios: Helpers of Catan» Forums » Rules

Subject: Nassir (Forced Trade Question) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eugene Hwang
South Korea
flag msg tools
What if you use Nassir and call a resource that nobody has? Does that mean you've used him or since no trade was forced you can try for another resource on the same turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reiner Dr. Düren
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you call a resource, you have used Nassir - even when no player has this resource. In this case it was either your fault that you have not been attentive enough when resources have been distributed or you have called this resource on purpose to get rid of Nassir.

Dr. Reiner Düren
Catan GmbH
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Hwang
South Korea
flag msg tools
Thank you for the clarification. That's how I thought it worked, but in our group the other players thought that they can continually call out resources until someone has one for trade.

Another question about Nassir... it hasn't come up because we've only played with 3 players, but if there were a fourth, you'd have to specify which two players you're trying to force a trade with, rather than calling the resource, requiring everyone to tell you if they have that resouce, and THEN choosing the two players to trade with...

So I think it should work like this:

1. Player 1 needs 2 bricks so he uses Nassir, calls bricks and tries to force a trade with Player 2 and Player 4.
2. Player 2 trades a brick to Player 1.
3. Player 4 has no bricks.
4. Player 1 turns over the Nassir card or trades it with another in the display.

I can imagine my group would expect it to work like this:

1-3. Everything is the same.
4. Because Player 4 has no bricks, only one forced trade has occurred, therefore Player 1 decides to force the trade with Player 3 instead.
5. Player 3 trades a brick to player 1.
6. Player 1 turns over the Nassir card or trades it with another in the display.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reiner Dr. Düren
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don’t receive any resources or if you receive a resource from only
one of the two players, the card is nevertheless considered played, and you must turn it over or return it to the display of helper cards beside the game board. It isn't allowed to ask a third player when one of the two player doesn't have the demanded resource.

Dr. Reiner Düren
Catan GmbH
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.