GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
22 Days Left
Lost in thought.
se·ri·ous·ly - with earnest intent
snap·py - cleverly concise | ru·mi·na·tions - deep or considered thoughts
2 DE MAYO: ASSAULT ON PALACE GRIMALDI
> A good expansion for the base game hindered by poor quality control.
It's unfortunate cards were printed on cheaper card stock and mostly minor mistakes occurred in translation.
This expansion adds an additional deck of cards which further detail historical aspects of the game for greater variety and replayability. These cards are by no means essential, but they do make for a nice addition to the original deck. Several suggestions for how to integrate the new cards into the deck provide ways to either slowly introduce them or just go all in with them, depending upon your preference.
I plan to introduce this welcome expansion once I've fully explored the base game in order to make it feel fresh again.
PROS+, CONS- & NOTES*
- Several of the methods given for integrating these cards into the game add initial set up time to construct starting decks.
- Poor printing on card stock, in a smaller type font and with several mistakes in the English translation mar the first edition printing.
+ Fortunately, the base game's cards were reprinted on cardstock, too, and included in the game so that they may be used with the expansion cards without being easily identified. Still, I wish they would have printed the cards using a linen finish to match the base game's cards.
* Additionally, two map/rules reference cards and two turn order cards are included to replace previous ones which may have worn from use.
- Last edited Sat Dec 1, 2018 1:39 am (Total Number of Edits: 4)
- Posted Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:42 am