$20.00
H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If so, is there any information of release dates or times? Or a source?

Also is there going to be a re release of things like promos or Big Boxes? Just curious of all this. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Desiree Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NowOrNever88 wrote:
If so, is there any information of release dates or times? Or a source?

Also is there going to be a re release of things like promos or Big Boxes? Just curious of all this. Thanks.

I believe the info was that there wouldn't be second editions beyond those 2 as DXV was satisfied with all the cards in them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cassar
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
please read the dominion second edition forum threads. They plan to revise the other sets but no plans for new cards.

Quote:
I can't predict everything, but as things stand I have no plans to replace cards in the later sets.

Seaside came closest but there were issues with replacing a few of the cards I might have, and overall it just didn't compare to fixing up Dominion and Intrigue.

Okay Alchemy actually has plenty to fix, but it doesn't make sense to take on that project. Alchemy has some vocal fans who want to see more potion stuff, but there are enough people that just don't like the potion premise (separate from the other issues, mainly being too slow of a set) that it would just never make sense to work on fixing Alchemy rather than any other project I might work on.

Instead there could have been 1-2 new cards in each of 4-6 expansions, with a single upgrade pack with all of the new cards. That's not perfect - maybe you bought a mix of new and old sets and the upgrade pack is half redundant for you. But uh it's an idea to toss around. And well I didn't end up doing it. We're revising all the sets from Seaside to Adventures (as described in the OP), but without new cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
The next reprint will have improved rules and improve card texts, but no new cards or art. Empires is already considered 100% Second Edition-quality from the start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whaleyland wrote:
The next reprint will have improved rules and improve card texts, but no new cards or art. Empires is already considered 100% Second Edition-quality from the start.

So they will reprint all the sets minus Empires with updated rules and card texts? Any dates for that yet?

Thanks all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
NowOrNever88 wrote:
So they will reprint all the sets minus Empires with updated rules and card texts? Any dates for that yet?

There are no dates. Each set will come out based on when it runs out of stock and when the printer is available. I don't think they will really be announced, they will just appear and then someone will spot them. If they will be announced though, none of them have been.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.