Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this the only Dixit that goes to 12p?

Rabbit needles x12 included? What are the colors?

How many main expansions and games do I need to have all the main Dixit games after this?

Does it all fit in Odyssey?

The rules and everything are the same right? Is the board helpful with printed instructions on it?

Any reason not to get this/any reasons base or other Dixit are better?

How much does this sell for and what are the best sites to get this for nonscalped prices?

Are there any future Dixit planned?

Thanks.

Edit: the voting pegs look pretty crappy. Are there any voting tile alternatives like the base game?

Or is there a way to combine two base games to play up to 12 or 10 at least?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Quick questions
Let's see
NowOrNever88 wrote:
I believe so.
Quote:

12 included see pics on Amazon or here.
Quote:

How many main expansions and games do I need to have all the main Dixit games after this?
the artwork is different between expansions. You only need this, but be careful, this comes as a stand-alone and as an expansion (small box) you can freely combine the s sets.
Quote:

there are room for 3 sets of cards.
Quote:

The rules and everything are the same right? Is the board helpful with printed instructions on it?
there are additional rules for 6 to 12
Quote:

personal preference.
Quote:

How much does this sell for and what are the best sites to get this for nonscalped prices?
amazon has it for reasonable price.
Quote:

Are there any future Dixit planned?
don't know but I would not worry
Quote:

Thanks.

Edit: the voting pegs look pretty crappy. Are there any voting tile alternatives like the base game?
they are not bad. No.
Quote:

no
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Pe
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I remember correctly the answer should be "yes".
Yes, 12 new rabbits. Colors I don't know exactly yet.
2 or 3 main games I think (Dixit, Dixit Odyssey and Dixit: Journey), many expansions. One new released expansion this fall @ Essen Spiel '16 (Dixit: Revelations
Odyssey provides three spaces for cards, numbered from 1 to 3 for Dixit, Dixit Quest and Dixit Odyssey itself
The rules are nearly the same as original Dixit. Some few changes, you didn't have the numbered tiles as marker anymore but cardboards with little pawns. There are also new rules (i.e. party variant etc.). The board is now really an external board with numbers from 1-12 at the outer spaces. While laying the cards out, every card has a certain number, no confusions anymore.
I think the new cards are comparable to the original Dixit cards and this from Dixit Quest. Therefore it is worth it due to the new cards, but you can also purchase Dixit Odyssey (expansion) then. If only interested in playing Dixit with more people you should get it.
One issue I am not happy about is that the rabbits and the cardboards (for showing your guess) are different colors (i.e. the green rabbit and the green cardboard did not have the same green).

I would say "no"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as you're fine with mixing the decks (which I imagine most are) you can actually fit 4 decks in the 3 spots in the insert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
negatrev wrote:
As long as you're fine with mixing the decks (which I imagine most are) you can actually fit 4 decks in the 3 spots in the insert.

How tight is it/how much extra space left over?

And wouldn't Dixit bade, quest, jinx, and Odyssey make 4 sets already?

Also can some people give some more input on the voting pegs? I read some comments in the images that they didn't fit or were bad?

Thanks all btw!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You wouldn't fit another whole set in without dumping the insert.

I hate the voting pegs, I much prefer the tiles. Also I've not tried it, but don't fancy the added complication of voting twice that the 'more than 6 players' rules seem to have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've had fun with the voting twice.
The pegs, while not ideal, are not terrible either.

The nicest thing about the board is the numbered slots 1-12.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
negatrev wrote:
You wouldn't fit another whole set in without dumping the insert.

I hate the voting pegs, I much prefer the tiles. Also I've not tried it, but don't fancy the added complication of voting twice that the 'more than 6 players' rules seem to have.

So I can only fit 3 games worth of cards in (84 x 3 = 252 cards) and if I want a fourth set of 84 cards, I need to dump the insert?

What is this new rule? Is there a rule change for 7-12 players or something?

costguy wrote:
We've had fun with the voting twice.
The pegs, while not ideal, are not terrible either.

The nicest thing about the board is the numbered slots 1-12.

What do you mean the numbered slots 1-12? Isnt that the same as base dixit, only doubled for more players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are optional rules for 7-12 players where you can vote on 2 cards. I forget the exact scoring.

The board has numbered slots for putting the cards out in. So you don't get confused (Are the numbers going from east to west?, oh I thought that was card 4 not 2")

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, 4 * 84 cards fit in the box. It's labelled as having 3 slots (I/II/III) but if your split up a 4th deck, you can fit roughly 112 in each section with zero box deformity (and keeping the insert). A fifth would not fit and would require removing the insert.

Base Dixit (old box, as I believe the box was changed at some point). Had a 3D board built into the box and no slots for cards (playing less than 6 players we used a tile set for this). Dixit Odyssey has the folded, less pretty, score track with the slots for up to 12 cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
costguy wrote:
There are optional rules for 7-12 players where you can vote on 2 cards. I forget the exact scoring.

The board has numbered slots for putting the cards out in. So you don't get confused (Are the numbers going from east to west?, oh I thought that was card 4 not 2")

I've been trying to find and read the English rules. Do you have a link or scan by any chance? Thanks you two!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.board-game-rules.com/games/dixit/

Although I don't know what version of the rules.

The original game said to play until you run out of cards. But adding any expansion you'll find the expansion rules instead say to play until someone completes the score track (or you can count up 84 cards and play until that runs out I guess).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
negatrev wrote:

The original game said to play until you run out of cards. But adding any expansion you'll find the expansion rules instead say to play until someone completes the score track (or you can count up 84 cards and play until that runs out I guess).

Do you or anyone reading have the Odyssey rules? I know Odyssey has more stuff in it like other variants and other things I wanna read.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NowOrNever88 wrote:
negatrev wrote:

Do you or anyone reading have the Odyssey rules? I know Odyssey has more stuff in it like other variants and other things I wanna read.

Wasn't too hard to find, check the downloads tab

http://en.libellud.com/games/dixit-odyssey
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have asked many questions here altogether. I would like to ask if you might consider editing your opening post to provide a more descriptive subject line. Doing that would be helpful to readers browsing the forums both now and in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TVis wrote:
You have asked many questions here altogether. I would like to ask if you might consider editing your opening post to provide a more descriptive subject line. Doing that would be helpful to readers browsing the forums both now and in the future.

While normally I'd agree with you, I don't see how this is feasible.

Asked about the following:
player count
Expansions
Voting Pegs
Rabbit colors
Price
Availability.

Would you suggest
A few questions about player count, expansions..."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
costguy wrote:
[
While normally I'd agree with you, I don't see how this is feasible.

Asked about the following:
player count
Expansions
Voting Pegs
Rabbit colors
Price
Availability.

Would you suggest
A few questions about player count, expansions..."

There is a wide scope here and I acknowledge your objection. I would also accept your suggested replacement.

My own attempt might be, "multiple questions about game attributes and contents"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.