Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Shelton
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those interested, there is a seller on eBay who has 3 copies of this game left new in shrink for $36 with free shipping. I don't know what MM charges for shipping, but this is another option. Just to be clear I have no relationship to the seller whatsoever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tammy Golden
United States
Newark
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Staban Tuek wrote:
For those interested, there is a seller on eBay who has 3 copies of this game left new in shrink for $36 with free shipping. I don't know what MM charges for shipping, but this is another option. Just to be clear I have no relationship to the seller whatsoever.

MM has a flat rate of $5.99 for shipping, or free shipping after $100. So it's the same price or cheaper (if you order $100 or if you utilize the customer hold option) to get it from MM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Chong
United States
California
flag msg tools
Can someone who has played this tell me what their thoughts are? I read up some of the comments on bgg and many people say its like dixit which I also have not played. Sounds interesting but just wanted to get an opinion. Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werewolf Kai Jason
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mrchong156 wrote:
Can someone who has played this tell me what their thoughts are? I read up some of the comments on bgg and many people say its like dixit which I also have not played. Sounds interesting but just wanted to get an opinion. Thanks in advance!

It certainly depends on your group. We have a lot of fun with it and start making absurd connections to what the ghost is trying to tell us. Here's a watch-it-played video, where they went over the top into the theme.

https://youtu.be/tZFf8CKO2D8

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Houle
Canada
Etobicoke
Ontario
flag msg tools
9 HIGH
badge
Can't touch this!
mbmbmbmbmb
Great game. Takes a bit to setup but once its playing its simple and challenging. Very social game except for the ghost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Lane
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
Mrchong156 wrote:

I've played it twice, I'd say it's a fun game, but the clues can be very abstract, meaning if your ghost is new to the game, there can be a lot of downtime in between rounds. The first game was so slow, but we picked it up in the second game and really had fun with it. For $30, I'd say it's worth getting. Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mrchong156 wrote:

I played and found it okay.

Liked: theme, atmosphere, analyzing clues and pictures,

Meh: art wasn't as light-hearted fun as Dixit

Disliked: long downtime waiting for ghost to give clues and you could only rediscuss old clues so much, setup was also really long for a game of this caliber, much prefer Dixit overall

Worries: we will see all the cards and start linking specific ones, as most cards only have 3-4 elements on em

Last nitpick but I wish it wasn't a séance but a paranormal detective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mrchong156 wrote:

Mysterium is actually one of the few games that I have pretty much no trouble getting to the table. Saying it's like Dixit isn't quite accurate either. In Dixit, you use words to get people to choose surreal looking cards, but don't want everyone to get it. The words are the important tool the players use there. With Mysterium, you use the surreal looking cards to get your point across, but there are rarely any good choices because you're describing a person, place, or weapon (how do you use a drawing of a mouse under a tree with a sword to describe a person?).

Is it my favorite game ever? No. Is it a fun game that I'll want to play regularly? Yes, without question. Big pluses for the fact that it's insanely easy to teach and the cards are big enough that the visually impaired player in our group can play it.

If I didn't already have this, I would've jumped on this deal in a heartbeat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Neuschwander
United States
Hummelstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sold out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.