14 Posts

7 Wonders Duel: Pantheon» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about Grand Temple rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pad Wi
msg tools
mbmbmb
Unfortunatelly I don't have the english rules, so I can't explain my question with the right names of the game components. I hope you understand me anyway.

The grand temples have a symbol on them, which allows me to build them for free.
There is a new green token, which allows me to build buildings with the symbol for free build, for just 1 Coin.
If I have this green token, can I build grand temples for 1 coin?

Thank you
Kind Regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Dux
France
Toulouse
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes you can
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Feeser
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Teiwaz wrote:
Unfortunatelly I don't have the english rules...

You do now, http://www.7wondersduel.com/files/pantheon/7-Duel-Pantheon_R...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Chipboard
Argentina
Cordoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you can't.

The new 5 color cost of the Temples (1 for each kind of god) are not the same as the chain build icon.

I think you can ONLY buy the Temples with the corresponding color token or paying the full price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MavL
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Nico.

Here is the description in the rules (emphasis added):
Quote:
Engineering
You can construct, for 1 coin, any card which has, under its cost, a chaining symbol (white symbol), even if your city doesn’t contain the
Building or the token which has that symbol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Chipboard
Argentina
Cordoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
peutcheubeu wrote:
I agree with Nico.

Here is the description in the rules (emphasis added):
Quote:
Engineering
You can construct, for 1 coin, any card which has, under its cost, a chaining symbol (white symbol), even if your city doesn’t contain the
Building or the token which has that symbol.

Still to me, "chaining symbol" is not the same as "deity token" (or whatever the color tokens are named).
So why clarify "white symbol" when is more like "any symbol" ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MavL
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. A "chaining symbol" (the white symbol) is distinct from a "deity token" (the support for the symbol).

Here the University card shows a chaining symbol on a green rounded rectangle (roughly similar to the shape of a card - the support).

And here the chaining symbols are displayed on colored heptagons (the shape of the deity tokens - the supports).

In both cases, the chaining symbols are white. Only the background shape and color are different to help us visualize faster where the symbol may be located.
I actually find this to be a pretty clever way to communicate all this information in such a small space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Z
msg tools
I definitely think that Engineering is intended to let you build any Grand Temple for $1.

As MavL points out, the symbol for a Grand Temple card's alternative cost is white even though the background is a seven-pointed star rather than a curved square. Thus it is a "white symbol."

Also, the phrase "Building or token" in the rules for Engineering could only be there to mean that Grand Temples can be built for $1. Even if the phrases "chaining symbol" and "white symbol" are not as clear, there's just no reason to say "or token" at all if Engineering shouldn't apply to Grand Temple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Chipboard
Argentina
Cordoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that explanation sounds about right.

I may have thought it couldn't be that easy, since the temples are a big source of victory points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just one small answer to confirm that Engineering allows you to build Temples for 1 gold
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Moutel
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks Bruno for precising this.
The French rules are not very clear: they say that Temples can be built thanks to the Mythology "tokens", while Engineering allows to build "chainable" cards for 1 gold. This should be precised in future editions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruno des Montagnes wrote:
Just one small answer to confirm that Engineering allows you to build Temples for 1 gold

On a similar account, then, I suspect that one will get 4 coins for building a temple through the corresponding mythology token if she/he has the Urbanism progress token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Huhtala
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the English rulebook FAQ precludes this by stating that using the engineering progess benefit for construction is not considered to be a chain, and hence, no 4 coins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
Eisenkreuz wrote:
No, the English rulebook FAQ precludes this by stating that using the engineering progess benefit for construction is not considered to be a chain, and hence, no 4 coins.

In fact, I'm not speaking about the Engineering and Urbanism interaction. That is stated in the FAQ.

I was pointing to the fact that, if you have a Mythology token, you may build the corresponding Grand Temple for free, and that is considered chaining, and thus it triggers Urbanism.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.