$5.00
$20.00
$15.00
Matt D'Ambra
msg tools
designer

Rock, Paper, Scissors, WAR! The micro game you already know how to play!

An entry for the 18 Card Microgame Contest 2016

Overview: RPSW! Is a combination of two childhood favorites with a twist. Played like the traditional game War, RPSW pits two or three players against each other to gain control of all 18 cards. RPSW introduces Heros and bombs to add an extra layer of complexity.
Number of players: 2 or 3
Playing time: About 10 minutes
Ages: 8+

The rules are printed on the first two bomb cards. Each card also shows which other cards it 'wins against' or 'loses to'.

Rules:
Shuffle all 18 cards and deal 9 to both players face down in a pile. Each player draws 3 cards. On the count of 3, each player plays one card by placing it in the center of the play space. The winner takes the cards and adds them to the bottom of their pile. If there's a tie, each plays another card and the winner takes all the cards in the center. Rock beats Scissors, Scissors beats Paper, Paper beats Rock. But wait there's more! There are 3 Hero cards that beat all plain Rock, Paper, and Scissors. And there are 3 bomb cards that beat the Heros but lose to Rock, Paper, and Scissors.

Rock, Paper, Scissors WAR! is easy to learn but difficult to master. Expert players will keep track of what cards have been played and really expert players will be able to anticipate what card their opponent will play.

There is also a 3 player version (printed on the second bomb card). Check it out!

First Page:

Second Page:

Card Backs:

First Page:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_8253Czkn3RVUpaWUJFZkNPdH...
Second Page:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_8253Czkn3RTG5rZ3Rob3BqeW...
Card Backs:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_8253Czkn3RMlpOT25naUFiMl...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura "lelo" D. Arrowsmith Deddens Gerard
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My brother, when he was a kid, would have LOVED IT!

Is there any guarantee that someone will eventually win? Or could it go on forever? I'm thinking the second. May I suggest that there be another rule? You can put it on the 3rd bomb card. Players may optionally designate a max play time. If no one has won by the end of the time limit then the player with the most cards wins.

Also, took me a while to figure out the big white rectangles. Duh, its paper. Maybe make the paper that the Paper Hero is holding look like more like notebook paper or parchment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Gibson
Canada
Powell River
BC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mdambra wrote:

Rock, Paper, Scissors WAR! is easy to learn but difficult to master.

Am I missing something here? If the rules are the same as War, then isn't this game 100% deterministic? Where does the expert player have a chance to use his card-driven skills?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.