Subject: Does rage pillage bonus gets you an additional rage right away ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Baker
France
Rennes
flag msg tools
Or only for the next age ?
Wondering as helmet and horn bonus work right away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Meyer
Denmark
Trekantsområdet
flag msg tools
badge
Skål - Cheers - Gom Bui - Prost - Almien - Salut - Kampai - Na Zdrowie - Gan Bae - Qapla
mbmbmbmbmb
It increases your maximum Rage. But that only has an effect at the end of an Age when your Rage refreshes.

The other stats may seem more "immediate", but that is only because the game effects they are tied to are relevant during an Age.

Addendum: And yes, that means that going for Rage increases is only meaningful in Age 3 for the Glory bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Allen
United States
La Canada Flintridge
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules in front of me but it's pretty clear IIRC that rage stat increases only take place at the start of the next age. I always like to have more rage because it gives me a bigger "budget" with which to do stuff, but as you have probably seen, there are many ways to win this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Baker
France
Rennes
flag msg tools
Thanks, that's the way we played it "upping maximum rage" but afterward I thought it was weird to be the only stats that didn't have its effect right away.

Like when you pillage a axe, you get one extra VP right away if there was a fight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WilliamB wrote:
Thanks, that's the way we played it "upping maximum rage" but afterward I thought it was weird to be the only stats that didn't have its effect right away.

Like when you pillage a axe, you get one extra VP right away if there was a fight.

It's because the 3 stats are used at different phases:

Rage: used at beginning of the age to determine the amount of rage you can use during that age;
Hammers: used after a successful battle to determine the amount of glory you get;
Horns: used to determine how many units you can have on the board.

Rage is only used between ages while the others are used in the action phase of an age.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Parker
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
WilliamB wrote:

Maximum rage isnt a good term. Its what you start the next age with, not your maximum. An event could increase your rage tracker above your rage stat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.