Popular Tags: [View All]
Armand
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your choices of destination, other than other players' home ports, are reduced to two. One of the two requires a die roll. Roll low and you lose your turn.

I'm not 100% sure I have that right, and to be honest I hope I don't, because it sounds just awful.

Granted, you can't judge a bit without playing it, but maybe in this case my completist nature gets trumped by my dislike of game design cribbed from Snakes and Ladders...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brenna Asplund
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Has anyone played with this? Seems kind of crap...
Actually, because each sea board contains three locations, your choice of destination is actually reduced to six if you exclude players' home ports, with three of those requiring the die roll to reach.

There are also ways to reduce the difficulty of the die roll in order to reach the board that's currently in the fog.

I'm not exactly an unbiased voice, but I genuinely think the Deep Fog variant is a lot of fun. It's fast moving and involves a lot of interesting strategic decisions. You may need to employ different strategies then with a static board, but the strategic depth is still there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Armand
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, my bad, I forgot there are three locations on a board. Edited the thread title.

Thanks for the explanation
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.