$5.00
$15.00
$20.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Battlestar Galactica: Exodus Expansion» Forums » Rules

Subject: exodus CFB activation and placement ships rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ivan pux
msg tools
Hi !
I can't understand, how it's really works.
I hope you can help me with this situations.

Examlpe : We have all basestars in main game board and all raiders on a CFB

situations:
1. Basestar was activated by crisis card(did it different for another variant?) and launches three raiders each => we need place 6 raiders by cylon ship activation
2. we should place 3 raiders in a front of galactica
3. cylon activate 'basestar bridge' to place 3 raiders

and because "out of ships"- triggers Possible Solutions for each situation:
1 - we should activate raiders (6/3) time and teleport (6/3) or less areas from SFB to MB and when all raiders teleported on MB should continue it's activation if no all activations were used.
1 - we should teleport only one area
1 - "out of ships" activated by "placement" ships and nothing happens. ( like FAQ 2.1 cylon fleet question about basestar placement)

p.s.

Sorry for bad english and thank you for your help (:



 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
Because at least one basestar exists in the main game board, 1&2 are raider placements. Raiders are first taken from the supply, if you need more they are taken from the CFB starting from the lowest-numbered sector and placed on the main game board. If there are not enough raiders to place (if there are a lot already in the main game board), the current player decides in which of the specified sectors they are placed.

3. Upto 3 raiders from the supply are placed into one sector of the CFB. If there are no raiders in the supply, nothing happens.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ivan pux
msg tools
really ?
In 2 "placing" raiders by non-activation effect and in combined rules p. 35 says :
Out of Ships: If a Cylon ship activation results in placing a
Cylon ship on the Cylon Fleet game board...

does this means what if it not activation => we don't use this rule ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
Basestar launching raiders is not a raider activation, it is a basestar activation. And because there is a basestar on the main game board, the base game rules apply. Each basestar launches 3 raiders. They come from the supply, and if there is none from the supply, take any needed ones from the lowest-numbered sector from the CFB.

Placing raiders is not a raider activation either.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Effects that place ships on the main game board from the supply are placement effects, not activations.

The most common example is "launch raiders" when there is at least one basestar on the main game board (even if it's damaged and can't launch!). Other examples include destinations and text effects (not icons) on crisis cards (such as "Place 3 raiders in front of Galactica"). Cavil's (Pegasus) Primacy ability is also a placement, and so is the Cylon Fleet (location) "Launch 2 raiders and 1 heavy raider from each basestar." If there are not enough ships in supply to fulfill a placement, take only the needed ships from the lowest-numbered Cylon Fleet Board sectors.

A basestar attacks icon is always an activation, even if there are no basestars or the only basestar is damaged and cannot shoot.

A (light) raiders activate icon is an activation unless there are no raiders, but there is at least one basestar on the main game board, in which case it is a placement.

A heavy raiders activate icon is an activation unless there are no heavy raiders, but there is at least one basestar on the main game board, in which case it is a placement. (It is possible to have both an activation for centurions and a placement for heavy raiders on the same step. This would not advance the Pursuit Track because you did activate or place something on the main game board.)

If you need to activate a ship and there are none on the main board, and there are no basestars on the main board, then you follow the rules for placing a ship of that type on the Cylon Fleet Board and advancing the pursuit track.

If there is at least one basestar on the main board, no ship icon will advance the pursuit track, even if that basestar is damaged. (This is because every effect will either activate a ship on the main board or become a placement effect.) If there is at least one Centurion on Galactica, no heavy raider icon will advance the pursuit track, even if no heavy raiders or basestars are on the main game board.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Carl, for the summary.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
InfoCynic wrote:
Effects that place ships on the main game board from the supply are placement effects, not activations.

The most common example is "launch raiders" when there is at least one basestar on the main game board (even if it's damaged and can't launch!). Other examples include destinations and text effects (not icons) on crisis cards (such as "Place 3 raiders in front of Galactica"). Cavil's (Pegasus) Primacy ability is also a placement, and so is the Cylon Fleet (location) "Launch 2 raiders and 1 heavy raider from each basestar." If there are not enough ships in supply to fulfill a placement, take only the needed ships from the lowest-numbered Cylon Fleet Board sectors.

A basestar attacks icon is always an activation, even if there are no basestars or the only basestar is damaged and cannot shoot.

A (light) raiders activate icon is an activation unless there are no raiders, but there is at least one basestar on the main game board, in which case it is a placement.

A heavy raiders activate icon is an activation unless there are no heavy raiders, but there is at least one basestar on the main game board, in which case it is a placement. (It is possible to have both an activation for centurions and a placement for heavy raiders on the same step. This would not advance the Pursuit Track because you did activate or place something on the main game board.)

If you need to activate a ship and there are none on the main board, and there are no basestars on the main board, then you follow the rules for placing a ship of that type on the Cylon Fleet Board and advancing the pursuit track.

If there is at least one basestar on the main board, no ship icon will advance the pursuit track, even if that basestar is damaged. (This is because every effect will either activate a ship on the main board or become a placement effect.) If there is at least one Centurion on Galactica, no heavy raider icon will advance the pursuit track, even if no heavy raiders or basestars are on the main game board.


Hello there,

I played this yesterday, and was a bit confused.

I'm just not sure what actually advances the pursuit track, that is to say what is the specific action that moves the pursuit track forwards.

The gist of how I understood the rules, which I believe to be wrong, is that when you get any Cylon icon, you take a Cylon action. If this involves something happening on the Main Board, then the pursuit track does not move. If it involves *placing* something on the Cylon Fleet Board, then the track gets moved.

The problem I had was we had all out ships on the CFB other than some raiders...in the rulebook it says that the supply is the supply, and when it's exhausted, you don't place any more ships. So when we were told to add heavy raiders, we didn't add anything, as the supply had run out, so therefore the pursuit track didn't move.

Likewise, when we were instructed to activate a Basestar, which was on the CFB, nothing happened, as it was was not on the MGB.

I'm quite sure this isn't the right way to play, as it basically meant nothing was happening from the CFB turn after turn...but I couldn't see anything in the rules that said we were doing it wrong...and if we were doing it wrong, what is the correct way to do it, and where does it say to do it that way?

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
1st: If you *would* add a ship to the CFB (from activating cylon ships step), the pursuit track moves.

2nd: You're missing the other rule for CFB: If you hit a component limit on adding ships to the CFB, all ships in the highest-numbered sector with that ship type is transferred to the main game board. (Top of page 14 of the Exodus rulebook.)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TickTockRob wrote:
InfoCynic wrote:
Effects that place ships on the main game board from the supply are placement effects, not activations.

The most common example is "launch raiders" when there is at least one basestar on the main game board (even if it's damaged and can't launch!). Other examples include destinations and text effects (not icons) on crisis cards (such as "Place 3 raiders in front of Galactica"). Cavil's (Pegasus) Primacy ability is also a placement, and so is the Cylon Fleet (location) "Launch 2 raiders and 1 heavy raider from each basestar." If there are not enough ships in supply to fulfill a placement, take only the needed ships from the lowest-numbered Cylon Fleet Board sectors.

A basestar attacks icon is always an activation, even if there are no basestars or the only basestar is damaged and cannot shoot.

A (light) raiders activate icon is an activation unless there are no raiders, but there is at least one basestar on the main game board, in which case it is a placement.

A heavy raiders activate icon is an activation unless there are no heavy raiders, but there is at least one basestar on the main game board, in which case it is a placement. (It is possible to have both an activation for centurions and a placement for heavy raiders on the same step. This would not advance the Pursuit Track because you did activate or place something on the main game board.)

If you need to activate a ship and there are none on the main board, and there are no basestars on the main board, then you follow the rules for placing a ship of that type on the Cylon Fleet Board and advancing the pursuit track.

If there is at least one basestar on the main board, no ship icon will advance the pursuit track, even if that basestar is damaged. (This is because every effect will either activate a ship on the main board or become a placement effect.) If there is at least one Centurion on Galactica, no heavy raider icon will advance the pursuit track, even if no heavy raiders or basestars are on the main game board.


Hello there,

I played this yesterday, and was a bit confused.

I'm just not sure what actually advances the pursuit track, that is to say what is the specific action that moves the pursuit track forwards.

The gist of how I understood the rules, which I believe to be wrong, is that when you get any Cylon icon, you take a Cylon action. If this involves something happening on the Main Board, then the pursuit track does not move. If it involves *placing* something on the Cylon Fleet Board, then the track gets moved.

The problem I had was we had all out ships on the CFB other than some raiders...in the rulebook it says that the supply is the supply, and when it's exhausted, you don't place any more ships. So when we were told to add heavy raiders, we didn't add anything, as the supply had run out, so therefore the pursuit track didn't move.

Likewise, when we were instructed to activate a Basestar, which was on the CFB, nothing happened, as it was was not on the MGB.

I'm quite sure this isn't the right way to play, as it basically meant nothing was happening from the CFB turn after turn...but I couldn't see anything in the rules that said we were doing it wrong...and if we were doing it wrong, what is the correct way to do it, and where does it say to do it that way?

Thanks!
The distinction for the CFB rules is activating ships vs. placing ships


activating ships occurs from any of the following...
1) any of these icons that you see on crisis cards or super crisis cards...

They can be in the bottom left hand corner, or elsewhere on the card (like some CAG Chooses crisis cards in the "Or" section)

2) text that specifies so...
Activate Raiders
Activate Heavy Raiders
Activate Basestars
e.g. some crisis cards, the Cylon Fleet location

.

placing ships
cards that directly have you place ships onto the board in the given sector/space location
Examples...
Cylon Ambush (dest.)
Lose 1 fuel. Then place 1 basestar and 3 raiders in front of Galatica and 3 civilian ships behind Galactica

.

Next is when you need to activate something the and appropriate cylon ship type is on the MGB (main game board), then do not advance the pursuit track.

cases where Pursuit track does NOT advance...

If 1+ raiders or 1+ basestar is on the MGB
this is b/c in a normal game, if there are no raiders on the MGB, but there are basestars, then each basestar will launch 2 raiders. Not to be confused with the "each basestar launches 3 raiders icon!



If 1+ heavy raiders or 1+ basestar or 1+ centurion is on the MGB
With no centurions nor heavy raiders, but yes basestar, each bs launches 1 heavy



If 1+ basestar is on the MGB


Use this combined with InfoCynic's post should hopefully get you back on track.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
1st: If you *would* add a ship to the CFB (from activating cylon ships step), the pursuit track moves.

2nd: You're missing the other rule for CFB: If you hit a component limit on adding ships to the CFB, all ships in the highest-numbered sector with that ship type is transferred to the main game board. (Top of page 14 of the Exodus rulebook.)


That's lovely - thank you for that. I had missed that rule!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
TickTockRob wrote:
InfoCynic wrote:
Effects that place ships on the main game board from the supply are placement effects, not activations.

The most common example is "launch raiders" when there is at least one basestar on the main game board (even if it's damaged and can't launch!). Other examples include destinations and text effects (not icons) on crisis cards (such as "Place 3 raiders in front of Galactica"). Cavil's (Pegasus) Primacy ability is also a placement, and so is the Cylon Fleet (location) "Launch 2 raiders and 1 heavy raider from each basestar." If there are not enough ships in supply to fulfill a placement, take only the needed ships from the lowest-numbered Cylon Fleet Board sectors.

A basestar attacks icon is always an activation, even if there are no basestars or the only basestar is damaged and cannot shoot.

A (light) raiders activate icon is an activation unless there are no raiders, but there is at least one basestar on the main game board, in which case it is a placement.

A heavy raiders activate icon is an activation unless there are no heavy raiders, but there is at least one basestar on the main game board, in which case it is a placement. (It is possible to have both an activation for centurions and a placement for heavy raiders on the same step. This would not advance the Pursuit Track because you did activate or place something on the main game board.)

If you need to activate a ship and there are none on the main board, and there are no basestars on the main board, then you follow the rules for placing a ship of that type on the Cylon Fleet Board and advancing the pursuit track.

If there is at least one basestar on the main board, no ship icon will advance the pursuit track, even if that basestar is damaged. (This is because every effect will either activate a ship on the main board or become a placement effect.) If there is at least one Centurion on Galactica, no heavy raider icon will advance the pursuit track, even if no heavy raiders or basestars are on the main game board.


Hello there,

I played this yesterday, and was a bit confused.

I'm just not sure what actually advances the pursuit track, that is to say what is the specific action that moves the pursuit track forwards.

The gist of how I understood the rules, which I believe to be wrong, is that when you get any Cylon icon, you take a Cylon action. If this involves something happening on the Main Board, then the pursuit track does not move. If it involves *placing* something on the Cylon Fleet Board, then the track gets moved.

The problem I had was we had all out ships on the CFB other than some raiders...in the rulebook it says that the supply is the supply, and when it's exhausted, you don't place any more ships. So when we were told to add heavy raiders, we didn't add anything, as the supply had run out, so therefore the pursuit track didn't move.

Likewise, when we were instructed to activate a Basestar, which was on the CFB, nothing happened, as it was was not on the MGB.

I'm quite sure this isn't the right way to play, as it basically meant nothing was happening from the CFB turn after turn...but I couldn't see anything in the rules that said we were doing it wrong...and if we were doing it wrong, what is the correct way to do it, and where does it say to do it that way?

Thanks!
The distinction for the CFB rules is activating ships vs. placing ships


activating ships occurs from any of the following...
1) any of these icons that you see on crisis cards or super crisis cards...

They can be in the bottom left hand corner, or elsewhere on the card (like some CAG Chooses crisis cards in the "Or" section)

2) text that specifies so...
Activate Raiders
Activate Heavy Raiders
Activate Basestars
e.g. some crisis cards, the Cylon Fleet location

.

placing ships
cards that directly have you place ships onto the board in the given sector/space location
Examples...
Cylon Ambush (dest.)
Lose 1 fuel. Then place 1 basestar and 3 raiders in front of Galatica and 3 civilian ships behind Galactica

.

Next is when you need to activate something the and appropriate cylon ship type is on the MGB (main game board), then do not advance the pursuit track.

cases where Pursuit track does NOT advance...

If 1+ raiders or 1+ basestar is on the MGB
this is b/c in a normal game, if there are no raiders on the MGB, but there are basestars, then each basestar will launch 2 raiders. Not to be confused with the "each basestar launches 3 raiders icon!



If 1+ heavy raiders or 1+ basestar or 1+ centurion is on the MGB
With no centurions nor heavy raiders, but yes basestar, each bs launches 1 heavy



If 1+ basestar is on the MGB


Use this combined with InfoCynic's post should hopefully get you back on track.


Thank you so much - this has really helped :-D
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.