Subject: Two questions: BU Smoke and Bridge hexes. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Lane
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mb
Just a quick couple of clarifications needed as we couldn't decide on these when we were playing yesterday.

1) When a tank is Brewed Up does the Smoke Modifier take effect immediately or at the end of the phase in which it was destroyed?

2) Can a unit be in the stream (ie at level -1) in a Bridge hex?

Many thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Brew up smoke takes effect at the end of the Player Step when it was created. Reference section 4.4.3.2.2 AP Hit Modifiers, Brew Up Smoke.

2) No, there isn't any reference in the rules that units can occupy only part of the terrain in a hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Lane
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks Jim.

1) It would help if I read the rules properly!

2) Well there sort of is with Building hexes as units can be either inside a building or in the alley/road and could even be on more than one level of a building...I know it doesn't say they can occupy only part of the terrain in Bridge hexes but it doesn't say they can't either that's where our confusion came from.

Once again, many thanks for your quick response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
mzen wrote:
Well there sort of is with Building hexes. I know it doesn't say they can occupy only part of the terrain in Bridge hexes but it doesn't say they can't either that's where our confusion came from.

Yes, that's the case with building hexes, because it specifically states that case. I've mentioned before that the rules are very specific and that if it isn't stated that it applies or it doesn't apply, that's it. One situation doesn't translate to another situation. If that were the case for bridge hexes, it would be stated just as is the case for building hexes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the vehicle is on the bridge then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Lane
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks Jim,

I guess part of my confusion was due to the following sentence which strongly implies the coexistence of both terrains in the same hex....indeed it doesn't say that they don't co-exist nor does it clarify that only one level exists in a Bridge hex:

"Gully, Ford and Stream hexes have a Height of –1....

A Bridge hex that crosses a Stream hex is at Height 0, since a
bridge crosses above a stream at a higher elevation."

I know form numerous misread text messages that people can read what's written in a number of ways, even ones that seem strange or incomprehensible to us as the authors. I sense this is especially the case when trying to come up with a tightly worded, complex rule set like this one.

I appreciate you taking the time to clarify the points which I don't understand. Apologies if you find it frustrating! :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
sduke wrote:
So the vehicle is on the bridge then?

Yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.