$20.00
Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Martians: A Story of Civilization» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clarification about Builder expert rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you use the ability of the Builder expert, do you have to spend the 1 time unit as well in addition to the energy/regolith/supply required by the facility construction action?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Drugo81 wrote:
When you use the ability of the Builder expert, do you have to spend the 1 time unit as well in addition to the energy/regolith/supply required by the facility construction action?


We played yes on the resources, no on the time (that made sense), but who knows...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TDaver wrote:
We played yes on the resources, no on the time (that made sense), but who knows...


Yes I hope it works that way, otherwise the only benefit it gives you is that you don't need to use an action marker, which would make this expert less useful than others imo.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Drugo81 wrote:
TDaver wrote:
We played yes on the resources, no on the time (that made sense), but who knows...


Yes I hope it works that way, otherwise the only benefit it gives you is that you don't need to use an action marker, which would make this expert less useful than others imo.

And the no on the resources would make it the most powerful expert (as the others need money AND resources)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The FAQ mentions that using the Builder still requires you to spend the 1 time unit for the construction action, but after re-watching the designers explanation of the game actions, they state that the benefit of the Builder is that you are NOT required to spend time and action marker.

Can the designer please confirm which one is correct?

In the video it also says that you can only use an Expert card once per cycle, but both the rulebook and FAQ say you can use it once per round.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.