Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy G
Italy
Morbegno
Sondrio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Quilters, Welcome to the BGG Patchwork Quilting Premier League!
This thread is for Season 1.
The league rules can be found in the first post of the Main Announcement Thread (which you should be subscribed to).

Here are some basic reminders:

E every league match consists of 2 Patchwork games: you can choose to play them simultaneously (recommended) or one by one. It seems that the player issuing the challenge plays first: so you can arrange with your oppenent to alternate in issuing the challenge.

E in order to challegne your opponent, you have to add him/her to your friends list (you might as well add the whole league right now)

E after your match is completed, please post your results in this thread with the following format (or something similar, it doesn't matter):
PLAYER A vs PLAYER B
1st HALF: PLAYER A b. PLAYER B 30-17
2nd HALF: PLAYER B b. PLAYER A 27-15

E please endeavor to play at a good pace: it'd be great if a Matchday were completed in a 3-day time lapse.

E please check in in this thread by thumbing this post or posting something; you know, just to be sure all of you guys are aware that the season has begun.

E If you anticipate being unavailable or on vacation in the next month, please notify me as soon as possible, and we'll try to arrange matches in some way

That's all mates, raise your needles high and be ready to fight!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy G
Italy
Morbegno
Sondrio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PLAYERS LIST:

Andy G
Italy
Morbegno
Sondrio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

PW id: WestDaddyUtd
Russell Blitz
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

PW id: blitzoid
Dave Moser
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

PW id: DaveHasLego
Will Dearden
msg tools

PW id: Negotiator1225
Jeff J
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

PW id: Phishy

Alex Box
Mexico
Querétaro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

PW id: xobxela
oli70 oli70
msg tools

PW id: oli70
Erskine Thompson
United States
Rome
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PW id: Quizmaster42
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

PW id: SoLove1970
Brett Nolan
United States
Lunenburg
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PW id: OTGGamer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy G
Italy
Morbegno
Sondrio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MATCHDAY 1
WestDaddyUtd vs OTGGamer
blitzoid vs SoLove1970
DaveHasLego vs Quizmaster42
Negotiator1225 vs oli70
mb564 vs xobxela

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Dearden
msg tools
Maybe we could do simultaneous games. Like you start both games against two people at the same time, so four simultaneous games. That way league play takes about two weeks instead of a month and a half.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erskine Thompson
United States
Rome
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the first fixtures are listed, can we go ahead and start, or should we wait until the official start of the league?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy G
Italy
Morbegno
Sondrio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Negotiator1225 wrote:
Maybe we could do simultaneous games. Like you start both games against two people at the same time, so four simultaneous games. That way league play takes about two weeks instead of a month and a half.

Good idea: let's see how Matchday1 goes... If it's slow, we switch to 2 matches on Matchday 2&3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moser
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How is player order determined by the app? I started a game with my opponent and the app made me 1st player (randomly, I assume.) How do we ensure that he is 1st for the second game? Just start another game and cancel it if I'm first again? Or is there a way to control it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy G
Italy
Morbegno
Sondrio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ScrabbleRouser wrote:
Since the first fixtures are listed, can we go ahead and start, or should we wait until the official start of the league?

The league is officially started ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erskine Thompson
United States
Rome
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I _believe_ that when you send an invite, you are first player by default. I haven't played online in a while (before reading of this league), but I don't ever remember issuing a challenge wherein I wasn't player 1.

That in mind, I'll send you the invite for Game 2, so we both have a chance to start one. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy G
Italy
Morbegno
Sondrio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dmoser22 wrote:
How is player order determined by the app? I started a game with my opponent and the app made me 1st player (randomly, I assume.) How do we ensure that he is 1st for the second game? Just start another game and cancel it if I'm first again? Or is there a way to control it?

I've only played 30ish games on the app,but I think 1st player is selected randomly and there's no way to choose otherwise... but I'm not sure at all.
Personally, I wouldn't complicate the league gameflow by cancelling games until each players play first one game.

Asking the PW pros here: is there a significant 1st (or 2nd) player advantage?

pss: sorry for my English, but I'm no native speaker at all, you know

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy G
Italy
Morbegno
Sondrio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ScrabbleRouser wrote:
I _believe_ that when you send an invite, you are first player by default. I haven't played online in a while (before reading of this league), but I don't ever remember issuing a challenge wherein I wasn't player 1.

That in mind, I'll send you the invite for Game 2, so we both have a chance to start one. :-)

wow, that would be great! can anyone confirm this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moser
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ScrabbleRouser wrote:

That seems to have worked. Or we just got lucky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erskine Thompson
United States
Rome
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GThreepwood wrote:

Asking the PW pros here: is there a significant 1st (or 2nd) player advantage?

pss: sorry for my English, but I'm no native speaker at all, you know

I can't imagine there'd be MUCH of a 1st player advantage, since the trailing player is always the next player, so that each player gets the same number of spaces to move. If nothing else, it's easily mitigated by which pieces you choose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Dearden
msg tools
If someone doesn't join a game by Friday or Saturday can we remove them from the league? That way we won't have anyone who signed up and went AWOL. Then we can match up anyone who doesn't have an opponent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Blitz
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i have requested to friend everyone above. Most of them say "Pending Reply" including SoLove1970, who is my round 1 opponent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Box
Mexico
Querétaro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll log in later today and confirm everything. Thanks for setting this up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy G
Italy
Morbegno
Sondrio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Negotiator1225 wrote:
If someone doesn't join a game by Friday or Saturday can we remove them from the league? That way we won't have anyone who signed up and went AWOL. Then we can match up anyone who doesn't have an opponent.

blitzoid wrote:
i have requested to friend everyone above. Most of them say "Pending Reply" including SoLove1970, who is my round 1 opponent.

don't worry guys: it's only the first day, and moreover I anticipated season's start
tomorrow I'll send a GM to players who won't have checked in yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Dearden
msg tools
Oli70 sent me a PM. We should be playing our games tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moser
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game 1: DaveHasLego 7 Quizmaster42 21
Game 2: DaveHasLego 29 Quizmaster42 -7

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Nolan
United States
Lunenburg
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've added everyone as a friend within the game and accepted requests from those who already sent them.

Are people playing their two matches simultaneously with each person starting one of the games? Otherwise I'll wait for my game invite since I'm Player B.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moser
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bnolan wrote:
I've added everyone as a friend within the game and accepted requests from those who already sent them.

Are people playing their two matches simultaneously with each person starting one of the games? Otherwise I'll wait for my game invite since I'm Player B.

That's how we did it. We each started a game and played them simultaneously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Blitz
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blitzoid vs SoLove1970.
We are off and runnung!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy G
Italy
Morbegno
Sondrio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bnolan wrote:

We should play each other on the first round, but actually I can't see your challenge. I've added you to my friends list, but the request is pending.

Your Patchwork ID is OTGGamer, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blitzoid wrote:

Sorry, it was my birthday yesterday and was distracted by cake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Box
Mexico
Querétaro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, sorry! I completely forgot after saying that I wouldn't. I'm setting a phone alarm to remind me for later today when I'm home. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [10] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.