Hands in the Sea» Forums » General

Subject: Battle round markers missing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Filippo
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, after buying the game at Essen I found out that my copy, as everybody else's (https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1628622/duplicate-utica-car...), contained a double copy of the Utica card and a late addition of the Temesa card (which was also damaged).
I'm opening this thread because yesterday I played the game for the first time and found out that the battle round markers are also missing from the box! Fortunately some numbered discs were provided (which apparently are part of some expansion) and we used those to keep track of the battles.
It is not clear to me how to request the missing parts or in fact a substitution of the defect ones. I have contacted the publishing company but received no reply.

EDIT: The publisher did reply and was very helpful. As written below he usually gets back to you on weekends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
FD22 wrote:
Hello, after buying the game at Essen I found out that my copy, as everybody else's (https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1628622/duplicate-utica-car...), contained a double copy of the Utica card and a late addition of the Temesa card (which was also damaged).
I'm opening this thread because yesterday I played the game for the first time and found out that the battle round markers are also missing from the box! Fortunately some numbered discs were provided (which apparently are part of some expansion) and we used those to keep track of the battles.
It is not clear to me how to request the missing parts or in fact a substitution of the defect ones. I have contacted the publishing company but received no reply.

The publisher should get back to you this weekend. I had a very pleasant exchange withe him last week regarding a missing piece. He told me that he usually takes care if knight works business on the weekend since he has a full time job to contend with M-F.

If you don't have a reply here or via email by next Monday, then I'd start looking at other methods of communication.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FD22 wrote:

Hello, I apologize for not addressing this earlier. I was at a convention this past weekend and I am a little behind on answering messages and requests. I have replied back to your message on our website. -Don

JBMoby wrote:
The publisher should get back to you this weekend. I had a very pleasant exchange withe him last week regarding a missing piece. He told me that he usually takes care if knight works business on the weekend since he has a full time job to contend with M-F.

If you don't have a reply here or via email by next Monday, then I'd start looking at other methods of communication.

Brandon, thank you for jumping in on that one. Conventions are always tough because of how hectic running a booth and coordinating meet ups and playing games until the wee hours of the morning. There is very little time to answer emails.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filippo
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just as a rule, you might want to give someone a little more time to respond before you broadcast to the world that they are neglecting you.

You posted that you had discovered the problem while playing "yesterday," meaning it was less than 24 hours of "non contact" before you were making a public complaint.

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filippo
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not exactly. I had written to the publisher a few days before and also a second time through geekmail.
I just wrote a message on the board when I found out there was another missing part of the game that had not been reported on bgg before.
I don't feel I have broadcasted any bad publicity for the product, I just wrote on the appropriate game forum about a problem I had with the components.

Have a good day!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We live in a world where we want it NOW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filippo
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Steve for sharing with us your view of reality, much appreciated.
My view is that when I buy a product, particularly one without a negligible price, I am expecting it to be in a perfect shape.
If that is not the case it's the publisher's fault for not taking enough care or time or whichever other production phase metric, to ensure that the product reaches my hands in that state.
I would like to live in a world where everybody is accountable for their actions and take responsibility. Obviously mistakes are human and are acceptable, but in the same way I as a customer have the right to express my problem in a polite and respectful way.
That said for me the issue is over. I have received my answer from the publisher whom I take the opportunity to thank again.
Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FD22 wrote:
Thank you Steve for sharing with us your view of reality, much appreciated.

You are certainly welcome! It was no trouble at all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.