Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Rieck
Germany
Rheinberg
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have played our third game yesterday and now we have some questions, that are not mentioned or answered in the rulebook.

1. When a hero is on an empty spot of a Minion on a lane where the minions now will be pushed to, what happens to the Minion or the Hero? We have put the Minion beside the Hero - chosen by the player of the same color as the Minion. But it is not mentioned anywhere!?

2. When you use the Special Attack ability of the Hero (dont remember the name) that can do a meele attack and hit the 2 squares right behind that enemy as well (It´s a red Level 3 attack card) everything is clear. On the Picture it looks like he is pushing a Water Wall against his enemies. So the questions is - can i do a melee attack against an EMPTY field to hit the other 2 fields right behind that? So i could attack an Enemy that is 3 square away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arty N.
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
designer
Necroblade wrote:
We have played our third game yesterday and now we have some questions, that are not mentioned or answered in the rulebook.

It's actually all in the rules ;)

Necroblade wrote:

1. When a hero is on an empty spot of a Minion on a lane where the minions now will be pushed to, what happens to the Minion or the Hero? We have put the Minion beside the Hero - chosen by the player of the same color as the Minion. But it is not mentioned anywhere!?

Page 7 point 2.
"If a team's minion spawn point is occupied, that team must place the minion on any adjacent empty space."

Necroblade wrote:

Can i do a melee attack against an EMPTY field to hit the other 2 fields right behind that? So i could attack an Enemy that is 3 square away. :)

Page 6 paragraph 2.
"The hero may only target either heroes or minions with attack actions"

and then paragraph 3:
"Melee attacks may only target adjacent space".

So no, unless you are targeting an adjacent hero or minion, you can't use a melee attack action in the first place. So its card text (targeting 2 additional spaces) never comes into effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Rieck
Germany
Rheinberg
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Arty,

you are right. Have searched at the wrong spots.

Many thanks for sorting this out. And Special Thanks for this quick reply.

Kind Regards

Martin

PS: Beside that, i have send an email right after the exhibition regarding the 2 Addon Heroes i want to purchase and the 1 that was mentioned, that will be available for test. I got no response so far - maybe you can nudge someone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arty N.
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
designer
Necroblade wrote:
Hey Arty,

you are right. Have searched at the wrong spots.

Many thanks for sorting this out. And Special Thanks for this quick reply.

Kind Regards

Martin

PS: Beside that, i have send an email right after the exhibition regarding the 2 Addon Heroes i want to purchase and the 1 that was mentioned, that will be available for test. I got no response so far - maybe you can nudge someone? :)

No problem! Ask anything when in doubt :)

As for the email, we're sorting out the logistics right now, so George probably didn't manage to deal with your email yet. I'll remind him just in case.

P.S:
Oh, btw, how did the games go?

Cheers!
Arty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Rieck
Germany
Rheinberg
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Games have been very good. We are very excited to play the next Game.

We have played 1 vs 1 so far.

First Time everybody with only 1 hero. We have drawn the cards without choosing them. I had MIN and my Opponent had Tigerclaw. I had no chance and lost after about 1,5 hours. So we have seen, that you need to have a mix of heroes to play a good balanced game.

Second Time we decided to play 2 heroes each. Again - just draw blind. My opponent had Tigerclaw and Miss Swift. I have played Arien and Min. After 4 hours we had to broke up, because it was already to late and we had to stand up early for work. But my opponent has been a little more tough than me. He was very close to win - maybe another 1 hour. And again - MIN Sucks. cry I do not get warm with him. But Arien was very cool.

So the next Game will be on Saturday with my playgroup. Let´s see how many ppl. will join the Game. I hope we will do a 6 or 8 player game.

And for the next 1vs1 Game we have decided to Select the Heroes One by One, as mentioned in the rulebook and used in many other games as well.
Maybe we will try another game with 2 heroes each, but i think it will be a 3 heroes each game.

A friend of mine said, he likes the game that much, that he is thinking to buy a copy as well - doesn´t matter that i already have one.

I think the more games we do and the more you know each card and possibility of your opponent, it will be better and better. We love the strategic effect to plan all 4 turns already ahaed and the little Surprise effect when you have to change your plans.

We are very excited about the Release of new Heroes and tactics.

Have a good one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arty N.
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
designer
Necroblade wrote:

Second Time we decided to play 2 heroes each. Again - just draw blind. My opponent had Tigerclaw and Miss Swift. I have played Arien and Min. After 4 hours we had to broke up

4 hours? o_O
And nobody managed to push after getting an ultimate?
I really suggest you play with Towers rule. Until 3 towers for the smaller board should do the trick.

Necroblade wrote:

MIN Sucks. :cry:

He IS a tricky one to play, true. But he is a rather dangerous match-up against the Tigerclaw since his attack ignores the cat's defense card and he has high initiative as well, so it's not as easy to dodge either.
I wouldn't pick him in a 1v1 though.

Necroblade wrote:

A friend of mine said, he likes the game that much, that he is thinking to buy a copy as well - doesn´t matter that i already have one. :)

We are very excited about the Release of new Heroes and tactics.

Have a good one.

Sounds great :) I`m really glad you're enjoying the game.
I hope we'll release the first "DLC" character somewhere in November so you'll be able to try it soon enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Ryan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
nichik wrote:

Necroblade wrote:

MIN Sucks. :cry:

He IS a tricky one to play, true. But he is a rather dangerous match-up against the Tigerclaw since his attack ignores the cat's defense card and he has high initiative as well, so it's not as easy to dodge either.
I wouldn't pick him in a 1v1 though.

Agreed that Min isn't a good 1v1 hero. His focus is on ganking and has difficulty pushing lanes. It is only amplified in a 1v1 game against one of the best lane pushers in the game in the Outlaw.

Additionally in a 1v1 game his Smoke Screen defense cards give the enemy a free turn or two unimpeded (with the exception of the Tier III version, which is actually quite good in 1v1 since it forces a hold). In larger games this isn't as bad since you have allies to thwart their plans, but in a 1v1 game this can be huge.

In a 2v2 or larger game, Min is an absolute boss (he is actually my favorite hero).

My favorite card of his is his Trip Mine path. His Trip Mine cards are great at area control, which can be used minimize the mobility of mobile heroes such as Outlaw. Though it rarely "kills" a hero, I think of it more as a way to funnel enemies where you want them to go. The occasional (rare) kill from it is just a bonus.

Depending on the make up of the team, I like going Tiger Strike line of red cards. It does remove one of your attacks (hence why he isn't great at pushing lanes), but devastates heroes you wish to remove specific abilities and also makes them exceptionally squishy (hence the easy ganking).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.