Popular Tags: [View All]
Crown of Command
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
badge
Cult of the Ultra-New
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like they are using KS as a preorder? Says on the page it's already produced and on its way to the US. Goal is $100. Weird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, just looks like a preorder page to me.
Just for US/Canadian backers, its already retail in Europe.
I played an early prototype of this with the designer Richard , in Devon 14 months ago. Was very good back then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Grenier
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is already in retail in Canada too in some FOGS. I order my copy yesterday and it is already in a shipping box as of this morning
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They have done this with all their games for US distribution - they normally use Game Salute, but it seems they are doing it themselves this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BrianJohnHunt wrote:
They have done this with all their games for US distribution - they normally use Game Salute, but it seems they are doing it themselves this time.

Sort of. They are using Ship Naked, which is Game Salute. And they are still putting the Game Salute logo on the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Flight
United States
Boulder
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting this. I did not know you could order it this way already. They should publicize the link

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott C.
United States
Puyallup
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Feels as if the KS is kinda slap together.... I still haven't seen really much as reviews and how to it compares to keyflower
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Alexander
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
beef
badge
sack
mbmbmbmbmb
I implore people to boycott this KS.

You're more strongly protected as a consumer by buying this at a retail store. There's no benefit at all to backing this campaign and you're encouraging silly behaviour by publishers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Watts
New Zealand
Hawera South Taranaki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
beefsack wrote:

You're more strongly protected as a consumer by buying this at a retail store. There's no benefit at all to backing this campaign and you're encouraging silly behaviour by publishers.

Agreed. I was looking at backing but will pass now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmathias wrote:
BrianJohnHunt wrote:

Sort of. They are using Ship Naked, which is Game Salute. And they are still putting the Game Salute logo on the box.

I see, yes. I just saw that the project was by R&D rather than Game Salute.

It can be hard to find an R&D/Huch printing after the initial run, so often the Game Salute version is the only one available. I have already managed to get a copy of the game, so the KS won't trouble me, but in the past it was the only way to get Keyflower expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
beefsack wrote:

I won't be backing this one because (a) I'm in Europe and (b) because it's EGG. However, I'm not sure that I agree with your statements. Especially "silly behaviour from publishers". If I were running a business and had access to a pre-order system that de-risked my publishing of a title and used a marketing channel that my target audience was already hooked into, I'd sure use it. Whether you believe that they should or should not use KS for some morally nebulous reason or another is irrelevant, the can use KS, so they will. And as a business that exists to deliver "shareholder value" that's what they should do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin R
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
beefsack wrote:

I won't be backing this one because (a) I'm in Europe and (b) because it's EGG. However, I'm not sure that I agree with your statements. Especially "silly behaviour from publishers". If I were running a business and had access to a pre-order system that de-risked my publishing of a title and used a marketing channel that my target audience was already hooked into, I'd sure use it. Whether you believe that they should or should not use KS for some morally nebulous reason or another is irrelevant, the can use KS, so they will. And as a business that exists to deliver "shareholder value" that's what they should do.

By silly he probably didn't mean irrational. He probably meant more like "shitty", and it is probably judged from the standpoint of the consumer that ends up paying a higher price, even though the publisher saves on cutting out the middleman.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JJRR_Esq wrote:
mccrispy wrote:
beefsack wrote:

By silly he probably didn't mean irrational. He probably meant more like "shitty", and it is probably judged from the standpoint of the consumer that ends up paying a higher price, even though the publisher saves on cutting out the middleman.
There's a reason that I don't support EGG KS projects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
beefsack wrote:

So you're fine doing business in any way you can as long as you make the most money? Because I hear slavery really raises your profits.

Also, "morally nebulous reason" is bullshit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
JJRR_Esq wrote:
mccrispy wrote:
beefsack wrote:

This isn't an EGG campaign though. It's a cover operation for Game Salute.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Bowker
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:

It's an R&D/Game Salute project. Perhaps EGG means something other than Eagle-Gryphon Games to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
proclaimed wrote:
mccrispy wrote:

It's an R&D/Game Salute project. Perhaps EGG means something other than Eagle-Gryphon Games to you.
D'oh! My bad I could have sworn that I looked at this on KS and rule it out as an EGG project. Must have been the US only. Or have I completely misremembered the project? Apologies all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
mccrispy wrote:
beefsack wrote:

So you're fine doing business in any way you can as long as you make the most money? Because I hear slavery really raises your profits.

Also, "morally nebulous reason" is bullshit.
I'm very happy to engage with you in a reasoned argument, but really, opening up with "bullshit" and an example of reductio ad absurbum doesn't bode well for the direction such an argument would take. Perhaps you would be so kind as to expand on your moral stance against this campaign. If there's something that I've missed (other than the publisher blush) I'd be pleased to hear your contribution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Most reviews at this point describe this as a lighter version of Keyflower. Whether or not that appeals (and as a result is well reviewed) depends a lot on your opinion of if you think Keyflower is too complex/heavy. Otherwise, if you're played Keyflower, you've played this one. Take that for what you will.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Grenier
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuesday when I saw the game on KS I backed it instantly, then I notice that boardgamebliss.ca were selling copies for the exact same total price (for a Canadian fellow) so I ordered it from their site at 5pm, cancel my KS pledge and now as of today, I have the game in my home
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott O'Brien
United States
Connellsville
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
beefsack wrote:

actually It's not moral... it's not a belief...it's black and white: Downright illegal.
it clearly violates the terms and conditions for using the KS platform.

see kickstarter is not a store

and

KS Prohibited items]

Quote:
Projects that share things that already exist, or repackage a previously-created product, without adding anything new or aiming to iterate on the idea in any way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sao123 wrote:
mccrispy wrote:
beefsack wrote:

actually It's not moral... it's not a belief...it's black and white: Downright illegal.
it clearly violates the terms and conditions for using the KS platform.

see kickstarter is not a store

and

KS Prohibited items]

Quote:
Projects that share things that already exist, or repackage a previously-created product, without adding anything new or aiming to iterate on the idea in any way.

Illegal? Doubt it.

I wonder whether KS are aware of this type of project and if they are, whether they've taken the view that they exist to create shareholder value and blocking this sort of project might damage that? What do you think? I wonder whether you and your supporters might be able to report every such project (there's a button on the project page) and whether it would make any difference. No, I didn't think so. KS has been allowing games-based projects to push the boundaries of what is both possible and allowed, while being more than happy to skim their share of the takings. I don't see that changing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Grable
United States
Charlestown
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm at the point that I no longer support companies like Game Salute that obviously have very little love for their customers and treat them as nothing more than a wallet and even at that, they show little to no respect for their customers after they have their money.

Period.

I will not even buy the game if it is produced by GS, no matter how badly I want it.

The only way that companies like Game Salute will get the message is if everyone does the same. No matter how great the title is, vote with your wallet. This is all that changes business methods or forces those out of business that do not learn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Grable
United States
Charlestown
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jflight1 wrote:
Thanks for posting this. I did not know you could order it this way already. They should publicize the link

They will not because GS believes that their customers are too dumb to figure this out on their own and would prefer to increase their profits over your satisfaction.

This is one of many, many reasons why all gamers should simply boycott ALL Game Salute products. ALL of them. They will either learn to stop being so greedy and manipulative, they will learn to communicate with their customers...or they will go out of business. Designers will cease to use GS when they see that gamers do not purchase products from them.

If having a single game is more important to you than how you are treated by the manufacturer, then continue to do business with this company, but do not feel you have the right to complain when they continue to have slimy business practices.

There are too many good titles out there to worry about a couple you may miss unless you are ok with the way they will treat you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Ridge
United States
Martinez
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My main problem, besides the fact that it's a Game Salute KS, is GS uses so many different names and accounts to run KS' because they have a poor reputation. Instead of improving themselves and gaining my trust, they choose to obfuscate themselves and shuffle their projects around using all sorts of different accounts. That bothers me quite a lot as a customer and for this reason I would rather purchase the new Key game via some other source.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.