Subject: Researcher - Question(Am i cheating?) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ricardo Pinheiro
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
Hi,

I have played 2 games of The cure and love it! More than Pandemic.

The first game was a failure, the second was a success with the Scientist and Researcher.
What I did:
Get samples with Researcher and give them to the Scientist(For the +2 roll), but there was turns that all my Researcher dices were in the Scientist card as Samples and so in the Researcher turn I didn't have any dice to roll...i broke the rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Bates
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
Nope, you played correctly. You just don't get any actions on your turn. However, you do still have to perform the infect step by rolling disease dice as usual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This won't effect what happened in your game but it's interesting to note that on page 5 of the new Experimental Meds expansion rules, it confirms that anybody in the same region as the Scientist gets +2 to their cure roll, not just the Scientist herself.

A lot of people (including me) previously thought that only the Scientist gets this +2 bonus, but when you read her ability, "Add 2 to the total of any roll to Try to Find a Cure in your region", it makes sense that anyone in her region gets that +2 bonus. Especially because it doesn't say that it is only the Scientist who gets to +2, it is any cure roll in the Scientist's region.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Pinheiro
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
2ombie wrote:
Nope, you played correctly. You just don't get any actions on your turn. However, you do still have to perform the infect step by rolling disease dice as usual.

Thanks!
Yeah, I never forget to roll for the infection, buying cards in cdc,etc.

argentetbury wrote:
This won't effect what happened in your game but it's interesting to note that on page 5 of the new Experimental Meds expansion rules, it confirms that anybody in the same region as the Scientist gets +2 to their cure roll, not just the Scientist herself.

A lot of people (including me) previously thought that only the Scientist gets this +2 bonus, but when you read her ability, "Add 2 to the total of any roll to Try to Find a Cure in your region", it makes sense that anyone in her region gets that +2 bonus. Especially because it doesn't say that it is only the Scientist who gets to +2, it is any cure roll in the Scientist's region.

Thank you! Didn't know that at all It makes a lot of sense, also it makes the game easier =P Anyway, playing with Researcher and Scientist had a good synergy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, in your case it makes perfect sense for the Researcher to get samples and pass them on. The two of them make a good team.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flop Adrop
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Surprised no one has given a complete answer yet.

On the last page of the rules, under Fine Points, is this
Quote:
If you ever begin your turn and all of your dice are locked up as samples, you may unlock one of them to roll. Place the extra
Infection die “sample” into the Treatment Center.

Since the word used is "may", you may either unlock 1 die as outlined here or simply take 0 actions and skip straight to the infection phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.