Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob Engelbrecht-Gollander
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there.
If you came here looking for news on the game, I'm here to point you to www.fogoflove.com or to the kickstarter page. I will upload all the updates (maybe sparing some information that is only relevant to Kickstarters) to the fogoflove.com site.

I will try to post here whenever an update is live, so you can keep up in case you subscribe to this thread.

Thanks for your interest in the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Engelbrecht-Gollander
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a new update with a lot of information live both at Kickstarter and at FogofLove.com (update is here).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea R
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just a very lightning fast question.
Is August still a good possibility for the game release date?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Langford
United Kingdom
Burntwood
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Djna83 wrote:
Just a very lightning fast question.
Is August still a good possibility for the game release date?

Any news on this? Seems to have gone quiet...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea R
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yep. Indeed.
I actually don't have many problems with the delays themselves (which are never very appreciated but.. hey.. the designer mentioned a lot of new content as well) but the lack of communication is very uncomfortable.

I did pre-ordered post kickstarter and still waiting for new pieces of information.

Even on the campaign as well last update is from "April-May"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Gowans
United States
Orem
UT
flag msg tools
LONG LIVE SAMMY!
badge
Have you read the Psion series?
mbmbmbmbmb
They vastly underestimated how much time they needed to get it fulfilled. They have acknowledged in the Kickstarter comments how poorly they did so. And they also acknowledged how they haven't been updating people enough. However, they are still working on it. I wouldn't worry at all about this game getting to you. It'd be best to just put it out of your mind because it may still be a few months before you get your game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also from what I could gather, the game changed significantly in some areas and design.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea R
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm fine with all the changes.. and as i mentioned i'm... fairly fine... even with the delays. I don't see that as the major problem.
I like the changes, the additions... all is cool.

What is constantly lacking is communication, though. With the fact that you acknowledged you made mistakes in evaluating timelines, and delay after delay is piling up, this becomes a key point to keep things from going out of control.

I work as a consultant and when delays come into play with people that payed you (in advance, to be noted) keeping contact is a main concern.

This is where i feel the improvement is not delivered (mostly to relieve people and assure them all is fine), an it would be "easy enough" to correct.

... Unfortunately... still not maintained...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Gowans
United States
Orem
UT
flag msg tools
LONG LIVE SAMMY!
badge
Have you read the Psion series?
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right, they could update more. And they've acknowledged that in the comments on their kickstarter page. Some creators genuinely suck at updating. These guys are one of those types. But they are busy doing their work, which is work on top of their regular jobs. So I think some forgiveness is merited when you realize how busy they probably are, and that they are also aware of how delayed they are. Most creators out there aren't like CMON or others that are fully employed as game creators.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For what its worth, some dire events happened in the meantime, that somewhat justify the lack of focus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Perlmutter
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Even a very short update to say that they are still working on it would be good. It's been a long time since they've said anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea R
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
duckduck wrote:
Even a very short update to say that they are still working on it would be good. It's been a long time since they've said anything.

This!

It would be more than enough, every second week to say.. "all proceeding according to plan" or "this unforseable thing popped out". NO need for long and everlasting updates.
10 minutes every 14 days are more than fine. One update every 2\3 months is definitely too low

Regardless, i know they are not full time designers (if that would be the case this all would be unforgivable) and again, i definitely don't fault them for the delays. This might be very well their very first experience in the field and Kickstarter all together.
All is understandable.
But even more so.. they need support. And for this they need to involve the people that believed in them.

The updates would not only help us to be engaged and not feel left in the blue, but would increase the support (or rather... decrease the hateful comment i've seen sometimes which are sometimes despicable) to their work.

It's usefull on both ways. I learned it on my own skin on my daily job

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.