Popular Tags: [View All]
Geoff Berman
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am currently working on Scooby Doo Betrayal.

For this project I have a copy of Betrayal and Widows Walk exclusively designated for this project so this is a perm mod to my betrayal game.

(I have a second copy of both that is for use as regular game although modding that with figures for the haunts LOL)

I have gone through the cards and removed all cards not Scooby appropriate. This resulting in all weapons cards being removed as well as the pentagram room and the bloody room. Some omen cards and event cards were removed as well.

I am on the lookout for the Scooby Doo train figures as I want plastic and not metal figures.

If anyone has leads on these I'd appreciate it. I am trying not to pay $56 for the figs LOL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Berman
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have all the episodes of Scooby Doo so will be writing 50 Scooby Doo Haunts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edd Crutchington
United Kingdom
St Neots
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These any good http://www.hfminis.co.uk/shop?category=modern-%26%0D%0Apost%...

Look for Louise, Felicity, Wolsey, Barney and Hamlet

http://www.hfminis.co.uk/shop?product=gang-%26-dog-%285%29~h...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was some success here: Scooby Doo Variant and I believe this one was the first variant: ...and I would have gotten away with it, too, if it wasn't for you meddling kids..

Good luck, if you find anything post it up

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Hasslefree Miniatures is having a 20% off Halloween Sale; and with the pound so low because of Brexit, it might be a good time to buy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bucho Bucho
msg tools
mb
DrEris wrote:
I am trying not to pay $56 for the figs LOL

It's $23 (not sure about shipping) at the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mb

Indeed, the miniatures of this shop are really good and easy to paint.
I really like the dog (scoobidoo's clone) and I use it when you find the dog in the mansion instead of the token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Berman
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My Scooby figures arrived. I used the spills and thrills figures, they are a little big

I may replace them later. I just don't want to go with metal figs if I can help it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Berman
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Figures are off being painted.

Need to print off characters and then all I will have left to do is writing the haunts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raj B
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
DrEris wrote:
Figures are off being painted.

Need to print off characters and then all I will have left to do is writing the haunts.

Will you be posting the Haunts here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Berman
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure thing! Be glad to :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Berman
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok have everything finished but the haunts!

Starting to write them this weekend, wish me luck! :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Berman
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are additional rules for Scooby doo betrayal.

Sorry these are in a very rough first draft version

Additional Rules for Scooby Doo Betrayal

Chase Scene

After the traitor has been revealed a Scooby gang member (not the traitor but see below) can run through a door that has no tile behind it and may decide not to reveal a new room tile, if she does not reveal a tile she may then reappear on the board from any door that does not have a room tile on the same level. If anyone goes through the same door the original character went through before that characters next turn they have to come out through a different untiled door. The betrayer can follow someone through an untiled door, but only on her turn that follows that character. Using this rule ends your turn when complete.

Captured and Rescue

When a character reached 0 health in Scooby doo betrayal they are captured not killed. The character piece is moved to the room that revealed the traitor and is turned on its side.

Another character can attempt to rescue them. The rescuer must go to that room and end their turn. If the betrayer does not interrupt them (all it takes is for the betrayer to come into the room, they do not have to end their turn in the room) the captured hero is rescued and can start taking their turn normally. All stats are reset to half the starting value (Note if captured a second time the character is captured for the rest of the game i.e out of play). Only one character can be rescued per rescuer per turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Berman
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got two haunts finished

What a night for a Knight and Decoy for a Dognapper

I'm playtesting them now to find issues

One thing I've already noticed is need to make cards for Scooby themed items omens and events. It's not Scooby enough with out them.

Oh and if you lose each haunt its more Scooby too less violent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Berman
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Playtesting again tonight

This time I have 9 item cards 2 omen cards and 2 event cards made

ive ordered my Scooby doo train set and an extra Scooby figure from the train set so I can have a Scooby dum made

this leaves a scrappy doo figure from the train set to be a villain in one of the haunts

omen cards are
Velma loses her glasses
Voodoo dools

event cards are
velma loses her glasses

out of time gotta go

putting this here for a reminder
new event card: Gueststar

is anyone reading these posts and still interested in hearing about this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bielaczyc
United States
Nashville
TENNESSEE (TN)
flag msg tools
I am actually working on some custom minis and character tiles for a Scooby Doo variant. I did Scooby characters on one side, and the "Groovy Gang" from the Venture Brothers on the other.

I'll post some pics soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bielaczyc
United States
Nashville
TENNESSEE (TN)
flag msg tools

So I purchased a Polly Pocket Scooby Doo set, then painted them all up. It also came with a house, and I got so into painting minis that I painted that too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc A
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Yes, very interested. Was thinking about doing the same thing. Would love to help playtest and help create haunts.

Paul, those pieces are amazing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Berman
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are the haunts for playtesting

I have 2 so far and ideas for another 3

Haunt #1

What a Night for a Knight

When the haunt is revealed, if anyone has they Armor then they are the betrayer. Otherwise it is Fred, if fred is not being played then Scooby Dum then Daphne then Velma.

Haunt #1: What a Night for a Knight

Traitor’s Tome
Read this outloud

You pull off your mask and reveal yourself! The kids shout “You’re not [insert Scooby gang member here], you’re the Black Knight!”

The Haunt begins

Those pesky kids are investigating the museum. They don’t suspect you are Mr. Wickles the museum curator, but they may figure it out. You need to stop them and steal any clues they find.

You win if you capture both Scooby and Shaggy or if you steal 3 item chits.

Set your stats back to starting levels if they are below that and add +1 to all stats for each 3 players (including yourself and round up). Additionally if you do not already have the armor search the item deck and take it. Reshuffle the item deck.

If you Win read this outloud:

You capture the last of those meddling kids and their dog too! As you finish tying up the kids, your cronies load up the last of the forgeries for sale. You close the door behind you and remove the armor. “That’s the last of it Mr. Wickles” says Bob, one of the museum workers. “Thank you Bob, we’ll sell them on the way to the airport. I hope you like the life of a wealthy man because its what you will have after this”

The vans pull away and all you kids can do is hope someone will find you and release you. The Native Effigy begins to climb down from the dais it’s on. What else can go wrong? You watch in amazement as the mask gets pulled off and reveals…

Phyllis Diller!!!!!

“My husband Fang said you were in trouble gang! And he knows trouble, he married me!”

She unties you all. You may not have stopped the bad guys but at least you are free to solve more mysteries!

Haunt #1: What a Night for a Knight

Secrets of Survival

You are being chased by a ghostly animated Black Knight, or are you? It all seems too convenient. You need to gather clues to figure out this mystery!

It’s a race against time to find all the clues you need to figure out who is doing this and capture them.

Place 1 item chit (these item chits represent clues) in each of these locations (or place an item chit in them as they are revealed):

Library
Gallery
Chapel or Conservatory (player’s choice only one chit)
Gardens or Graveyard or Patio (player’s choice only one chit)

Additionally if you discard an item card or item chit at the Entrance Hall it counts as an additional item chit (2 total if you discarded an item chit)

You defeat the black knight if you collect 3 item chits and Go to balcony or if you collect 5 item chits

If you Win read this:

You run around the museum looking for clues and running from the black knight.

Scooby and Shaggy hide in a WW1 biplane. As they cower Scooby accidentally turns on the biplane and it flys out of control and hits the Black Knight. Seizing the moment you capture and unmask the culprit.

Its “Mr. Wickles the museum curator!!!” You rescue Mr. Hyde White who was tied up and dressed as the native effigy the whole time. As the sheriff takes away Mr. Wickles and the two museum workers he says “I would have got away with it” He glares at you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Berman
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Haunt #2 Decoy for a Dognapper

Traitor’s Tome
Read this outloud

You pull off your mask and reveal yourself! The kids shout “You’re not [insert Scooby gang member here], you’re the Witch Doctor!”

The Haunt begins

The Witch Doctor outfit has worked until now!

You have been dognapping dogs so that yours will easily win the dog show and it would have worked without a hitch if those kids hadn’t shown up. But you are Buck Masters and you are resourceful and won’t let some mangy kids stop you!

All you have to do is stall them long enough for the dog show to be complete and since you let your own “dognapped” dog go, you’re sure to win!

Set the Haunt tracker to 0

Search the omen deck and take the dog card, if another player already has the dog card take that card at this time.

Secretly write down what room the dog is in, it can only be up to four spaces away from the witchdoctor. Each time it is your turn you can move the dog up to 4 spaces so long as it is always only four spaces away from the witchdoctor, then write down the room. You can write down the same room if you want. If you do move the dogs then scooby dum and scooby doo have a chance to hear it, if they are within 6 spaces of the room the dogs are in they hear the dogwhistle, and you must tell them that.

You win if the counter reaches 12.

If you win read this

You do manage to rescue the dognapped dogs, although you never figure out who was responsible. You have a hunch it might be Buck Masters because his dog managed to escape the captors and somehow make his way back to town in time for the County Dog Show. Buck’s dog takes first place and watching the show on community access he seems to have a gleam and hint of mocking laughter in his eyes during the award ceremony.

Haunt #2 Decoy for a Dognapper

Secrets of Survival

Here’s what you know

Lots of high profile show dogs have been dognapped all around the county. You’ve gone all over looking for clues as to who’s doing it and so far have not found out a lot. As you talked to Buck Masters he mentioned the county dog fair, so you have motive. You’ve even sent Scooby in as bait to try to get a man er dog on the inside but even with the help of a great dane owner whose dog is scheduled to appear in the dog show, nada. Thank goodness Scooby came out of it ok.

So now it is time to just do an all out search and time is running out. It doesn’t help that the dognappers seem smart and might move their captives around.

Searching a room is done by ending your movement in a room.

You win if you find the dogs. If you search a room and the betrayer hands you the dog card, you have found the dogs and win.

If you win read this

It was a tough search and it was clear that the dognappers were moving their captives around a lot but you found them! You release them and they don’t hesitate as they coral and tree the Witch Doctor. The mask falls free and it reveals “BUCK MASTERS!!??!!!”

“I would have won the dog show if you hadn’t ruined it!” he says as the Sheriff takes him away.

Edited due to playtest showing 6 away was too far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Berman
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I also have some cards I made as well.

I made them to print out on full sheet labels and then cut out and stick to unused cards from betrayal, as I have pruned cards and rooms that didn't seem Scooby and were too violent.

PM and I will email them to you. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Berman
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh and although you can use the Scooby figures from thrills and chills, they don't take to paint well. I have abandoned them and have purchased the train for the miniatures. Last update for now I swear LOL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not able to play the game yet...too few English speakers in my group.....I'd like to try your ideas sometime....thanks for your work!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.