Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just checked the game site for the first time in quite a while and found this:

"We also reckon that there’s a whole heap a new troubles that’ll be headed your way soon, as well as some big money for captains and their crews, so be sure to Keep Flyin and checking in with GF9 for more exciting Firefly announcements!"

So maybe something new will be on the radar eventually...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think my table can accommodate what is out already!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mayer
United States
Perry
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YES! Love me some firefly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cool

This makes me happy. That quote makes me think perhaps a Breakin' Atmo type expansion at least with new story cards & job cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Doe
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sure hope whatever it is fits in the Big Damn Crate. I had to get rid of the original boxes to make room on the shelf...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The last significant teasers from GF9 (I think close to a year ago now) hinted at:

1) New Misbehaves
2) Shuttles
3) More Ship Packs

"There’s a whole heap a new troubles that’ll be headed your way soon" certainly seems to support #1.

Not sure what "some big money for captains and their crews" means. It could mean more or better jobs - although in the past, they've tended to equate that more with "opportunities" than "money," per se. One interpretation is to take this LITERALLY and assume we'll be getting some new take on money (which would be in keeping with the new take on tokens and the recently-released resin ships).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
gwek wrote:
One interpretation is to take this LITERALLY and assume we'll be getting some new take on money (which would be in keeping with the new take on tokens and the recently-released resin ships).

Be a shame if GF9 focused their efforts "upgrading" the best paper money I've ever seen in a game over producing more playable content. But if there's a significant market demand for it, I'd understand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Maraya
United States
California
flag msg tools
dbolyard wrote:
gwek wrote:
One interpretation is to take this LITERALLY and assume we'll be getting some new take on money (which would be in keeping with the new take on tokens and the recently-released resin ships).

Be a shame if GF9 focused their efforts "upgrading" the best paper money I've ever seen in a game over producing more playable content. But if there's a significant market demand for it, I'd understand.

They're going to start selling upgraded money in the form of giant sized sheets, the kind you see on game shows and awards podiums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mudd Grizzly

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmb
gwek wrote:
The last significant teasers from GF9 (I think close to a year ago now) hinted at:

1) New Misbehaves
2) Shuttles
3) More Ship Packs

"There’s a whole heap a new troubles that’ll be headed your way soon" certainly seems to support #1.

I'm not sure how shuttles would be incorporated, but I'd be super jazzed to see new ships and (ideally harder) Misbehaves added.

I hope they continue with the trend of making lesser strategies more viable. As you recently pointed out, the Rim expansions have been kind to the Walden. They've also been kind to Smuggling, Transport, legal-only, and contraband/cargo selling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gwek wrote:

1) New Misbehaves
2) Shuttles
3) More Ship Packs

Not sure what "some big money for captains and their crews" means. It could mean more or better jobs - although in the past, they've tended to equate that more with "opportunities" than "money," per se. One interpretation is to take this LITERALLY and assume we'll be getting some new take on money (which would be in keeping with the new take on tokens and the recently-released resin ships).

Big money for Captains and their crews" refers to the fact that this new expansion is going to cost an arm and a leg. They have been looking at some of the new games that have come out recently and realized that they weren't overcharging for the game like every other company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Ricketts
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
flag msg tools
gwek wrote:

1) New Misbehaves
2) Shuttles
3) More Ship Packs

I wouldnt hold your breath for new ships :-( the last i'd (semi-officially) heard was that new ships would be cross overs with the PC game, which seems to have sunk without trace... so unless those ships were pre-done... (as i understood it the models were to be produced of the back of the ship renders, therefore being super cost effective)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks, Drew. I guess we'll have to chalk it up to Alternate Firefly: Here's How It Might Have Been..." and hope the MMO folks sort out their legal woes.

You wouldn't happen to have any tidbits to share?

On the up-side, I'll keep plugging out custom ships. White Lightning and Aces & Eights are done. CanTankerous, Lucy, Raza, Huntingdon's Bolt, and The Betty are on the way.

Then, of course, there's Bill's great Millennium Falcon and Slave I, among others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't want to jinx our chances of getting more official stuff, but I've been pleased as peaches with the customs done by these↑ guys. As good as any of the official ships if you ask me. Honestly, if you consider the quality of material people are posting here on the forums, it's easy to see why GF9 isn't putting their eggs in that basket. No one has so far put out a deck of misbehaves despite their being plenty of discussion and some great ideas shared. We definitely got what we wanted there. The thing I'm surprised at is the lack of fillers for the rim contacts and supplies in the recent release update...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
We've done the impossible, and that makes us mighty.
badge
Ten percent of nothing is, let me do the math here, nothing into nothing, carry the nothin'...
mbmbmbmbmb
With any luck, another expansion will add to our Rim decks. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.