Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
5 blue, Macaws, with a drum and sticks on the picture.

This is the only card I have, that has somewhat "weird" flavor text. My card is in PL and I don't know the original. But the thing is, that all flavor texts are either referring to current animalfolk or are just general world descriptions. Flashy Show, however, has a description regarding just Ocelots:

(translated)
"The Axhiouk Empire likes to demonstrate their power by throwing pompous parades. Ocelots love to turn them into great parties."

Is that a translation error, was it intended for this card to not refer Macaws, or is it an overlook?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seppo Kuukasjärvi
Finland
Pori
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a quite accurate translation. The original English flavor text goes as follows:

"The Axhiquk empire likes to show off its power by arranging pompous imperial parades. Ocelots love to turn them into splendid festivals!"

As far as I remember, flavor texts always refer to the animalfolk of that particular set. Macaws and ocelots live in the same geographic area in South America. According to the game world lore, macaws are one of the most politically dominant bird animalfolk (featherfolk) in the Axhiquk empire. The ocelots live in Axhiquk, too, but they lack political power. They love promoting their own chaotic culture and spoiling the macaws' official displays of power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that's a lengthy explanation! So, in other words, the "Axhiquk empire" can be read as "Macaws" in this context, is that right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seppo Kuukasjärvi
Finland
Pori
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is right. There are several different animalfolks in almost every country, kingdom, or empire. For example, the sloths are a part of Axhiquk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.