Subject: On the way rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Lemick
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I received a shipping notice yesterday. UPS will be delivering the game to me in Denver by end of day Saturday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DePasquale
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What was the time difference between the Address Confirmation and Tracking number for you? Or wait, you are getting from FunagainGames.... Mine is fulfilled by ShipNaked, they are usually slower. I got an address confirmation yesterday. In the past it's been 2 weeks between that email and an actual tracking number. I have been waiting soooo long to play this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lemick
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mike,

I'm not sure when I got the Address Confirmation. It was a while ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DePasquale
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh damn luck you. Just got mine yesterday. Bummer. ShipNaked is soooooo slow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Agreed, very annoying to see how long this is taking for East Coast backers given the boat was reportedly in port 2 1/2 weeks ago.

EDIT: Add (as of Sat. Oct. 29): Interesting to see Western US backers beginning to receive their games, on schedule. I heard the Western US fulfillment was through Funagain Games, a company that is up to their eyeballs with shipments of the new Essen games at this time. Yet, everyone seems to want to make excuses for ShipNaked, the purported East Coast shipping agent, who seems to be taking their sweet time getting the games to people. Very disappointed as how this has turned out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lemick
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well, it did arrive in the mail today. I have plans for this evening, so all I've been able to do is take off the shrink wrap. I'll have time tomorrow to really look it over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DePasquale
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John Weber wrote:

Agreed, very annoying to see how long this is taking for East Coast backers given the boat was reportedly in port 2 1/2 weeks ago.

EDIT: Add (as of Sat. Oct. 29): Interesting to see Western US backers beginning to receive their games, on schedule. I heard the Western US fulfillment was through Funagain Games, a company that is up to their eyeballs with shipments of the new Essen games at this time. Yet, everyone seems to want to make excuses for ShipNaked, the purported East Coast shipping agent, who seems to be taking their sweet time getting the games to people. Very disappointed as how this has turned out.

My wife and I defended Artana on the Kickstarter page. But yea I'm starting to agree with you on this one. The fact that we will get ours like a month behind the west coast is absurd. It's still a week and a half until we get tracking and then another week after that or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
indianajo883 wrote:
John Weber wrote:

My wife and I defended Artana on the Kickstarter page. But yea I'm starting to agree with you on this one. The fact that we will get ours like a month behind the west coast is absurd. It's still a week and a half until we get tracking and then another week after that or so.

And Mike, I see you're in NJ, which is where the boat with the East Coast shipment docked on Oct. 10

Another thought: I went back and checked, the original TvE was due out to KS backers in Sept of 2015, but I recall the game arrived some time in August. So, no real warning here that expectations would not be met.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DePasquale
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John Weber wrote:
indianajo883 wrote:
John Weber wrote:

And Mike, I see you're in NJ, which is where the boat with the East Coast shipment docked on Oct. 10

Another thought: I went back and checked, the original TvE was due out to KS backers in Sept of 2015, but I recall the game arrived some time in August. So, no real warning here that expectations would not be met.

I could have driven to the dock to pick up my copy haha. I seriously loathe ShipNaked. We are going to have ours 3-4 weeks after everyone else. 2 weeks till they ship then min 1 week after that for the crapy DHL to USPS hand-off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
badge
"Compared to You, I'm just a nighlight, against the Blazing Son." --Jimmy Needham
mbmbmbmbmb
ML2376 wrote:
Well, it did arrive in the mail today. I have plans for this evening, so all I've been able to do is take off the shrink wrap. I'll have time tomorrow to really look it over.

At least you got yours on Saturday! I'm close by, in the Springs, and just got mine today, lol!

There is a thread in here started just shy of 3 months ago from someone who picked up their copy at Gen Con. Crazy to think there are other KS backers still waiting for theirs. This is only my 2nd KS backing - is that kind of difference (3 months) in receiving a copy normal? Just curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DePasquale
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We still haven't gotten shipping notifications on the East Coast, just address confirmation and that is near 2 weeks ago. Artana posted that ShipNaked promised they were shipping this week either yesterday or today. I hope it happens today but with ShipNakeds track record of being super slow ... I doubt we will get shipping or only a handful of us will.

As far as the 3month thing goes... That's not technically fulfillment. They had a certain count of copies shipped early to bring to GenCon and you had to be a person who had tickets to be able to pick it up there. The rest of the copies were still on the boats. That I've seen in a few campaigns and isn't too big an issue.

What is an issue for me is a 3 week difference between East Coast and West Coast when the game has been here for near a month. There is also a person in the KS comments saying he got his copy on the East Coast early because he had an event planned and Artana hooked him up. It's nice to see that they can help for things like that but it doesn't make it feel any better that I now see unboxing videos and tons of play through videos and mine hasn't even been processed for shipping. We will know who the next president is before the east coast copies arrive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.