Subject: Abandon the Planet rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Arnett

Henryetta
Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Abandon the Planet is an exciting take on cooperative gaming where alliances are ever changing in the race to escape a planet on the verge of cosmic destruction. 

I had the opportunity to play this game at Gen Con 2016 and was impressed enough that I wanted to take some time to write a review of the game.

First off, Abandon the Planet's simple design allows for quick setup and play which is a breath of fresh air in an age of 30 page rulebooks and endless components (don't get me wrong, I have my fair share of games filled with minis I have painstakingly painted and will buy many more but sometimes it's nice not to have to spend 30 minutes returning a game to its box when the game ends). 

Abandon the Planets's social interaction and deal-making would be an exciting study for psychologists. Alliances are made and broken, rivalries begin and suddenly end. A player you once called your nemesis (among the things) is now the only one with the resources to get you off the planet.

Similar to the alliances,  the board changes every round as meteors smash into the earth, obliterating resources and unlucky players alike. Consequently,  there is a definite time pressure for players.  At some point, there will be no earth left to stand on. 

I really enjoyed this game and believe Abandon the Planet is a game you can play with your non-gamer friends without sacrificing fun with something mindless. This social strategy game is one of those gateway games where your friends learn board gaming is what has been missing in their lives. You won't be disappointed. 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.