$30.00
Recommend
10 
 Thumb up
 Hide
28 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [Cardhaus Daily Deal] Blood Rage $39.99 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: I_coulda_had_a_V8! [+] [View All]
Adam Phelps
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Cardhaus...Blood Rage...Buy it!

http://www.cardhaus.com/catalog/board_games/blood_rage/33854...

CSI: $59.99
MM: $63.99
Amazon: $53.12

12 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Purdon

Twinsburg
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, now that is a great price!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Gray
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
And I thought I got a great deal at $48!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Elliott
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gragian wrote:
And I thought I got a great deal at $48!


same here when I got it for $50 back in June surprise

worse is I have yet to play it >_<
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Smith

Massachusetts
msg tools
$13 shipping makes it the same price as Amazon right?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Attack dog
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicodemus317 wrote:
$13 shipping makes it the same price as Amazon right?


Just buy another $85 worth of games and shipping is free.
17 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
So what makes this the number 16 game on BGG? How much of it is the toy factor?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rush
msg tools
abonosky wrote:
So what makes this the number 16 game on BGG? How much of it is the toy factor?


Here are several words I would use to say why it is a great game.

Beautiful
Balanced
Drafting
Dynamic
Fast-paced
Fluid
Streamlined
Scalable
Strategic
Tactical
Tight
Violent
Vicious
Variety

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick B
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
abonosky wrote:
So what makes this the number 16 game on BGG? How much of it is the toy factor?

In my opinion, quite a bit. I like Blood Rage just fine, but I think a huge part of its appeal comes from the quality of the miniatures (especially the big monsters!).

It's a fun, streamlined game, but I would have never guessed it was that high in the rankings had you not mentioned it. $40 is a great price for it, though; I paid significantly more and don't feel like I wasted my money.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Now thats a deal people !
wow wow wow
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Stuart
United States
Manheim
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've played the game several times and loved it. I grabbed a copy, but I am a little concerned that the stock quantity hasn't dropped (not even after I purchased a copy)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Tesoriero
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
rshandle wrote:
I've played the game several times and loved it. I grabbed a copy, but I am a little concerned that the stock quantity hasn't dropped (not even after I purchased a copy)

That's frequently the case with Cardhaus. Even if they have hundreds in stock, it will only show 20 in stock.

I made this mistake on past hot deals, thinking I had plenty of time since the stock wasn't decreasing.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A P
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
mb
Krushhhhh wrote:
abonosky wrote:
So what makes this the number 16 game on BGG? How much of it is the toy factor?


Here are several words I would use to say why it is a great game.

Beautiful
Balanced
Drafting
Dynamic
Fast-paced
Fluid
Streamlined
Scalable
Strategic
Tactical
Tight
Violent
Vicious
Variety



Don't forget runaway loser. I enjoy the game for what it is, but it's a fairly light game. Part of its charm. I'd rather play Chaos in the Old World, however.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the price I want it now I just need free shipping.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Melric wrote:
I'd rather play Chaos in the Old World, however.


If it had a different theme I would have picked it up, but the board tends to make it a no go. Just another reason why I'm looking forward to Rising Sun
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Melric wrote:
Part of its charm. I'd rather play Chaos in the Old World, however.


Both good. Both by Eric Lang! laugh

Eric Lang has designed many hobby games. The ones I recall were FFG's Silver Line Games, where he did mostly Euro designs. (If anyone in the SF Bay Area has a kid who still likes Dragonball Z, drop me a line!) Nowadays, he does a fair number of hybrid games, with both Euro and Ameritrash mechanics. His Rising Sun, inspired (or whatever) by Diplomacy, will be in 2017.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Wood
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:
Melric wrote:
I'd rather play Chaos in the Old World, however.


If it had a different theme I would have picked it up, but the board tends to make it a no go. Just another reason why I'm looking forward to Rising Sun


Wow, had no idea about Rising Sun, thanks for the heads up! Looks awesome!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
nickbudz wrote:
abonosky wrote:
So what makes this the number 16 game on BGG? How much of it is the toy factor?

In my opinion, quite a bit. I like Blood Rage just fine, but I think a huge part of its appeal comes from the quality of the miniatures (especially the big monsters!).


There's no doubt the minis are awesome but that's not even close too enough to land it that high in the rankings.

Just looking at how few games there are in the top 20 that are blinged out miniature affairs demonstrates very clearly that it takes way more than that for a game to climb this high.

Sure, the incredible minis might have given a boost of a few positions but I'm betting it would still be high in the top 50 even if the game had nothing but wooden meeples.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew W

Arizona
msg tools
Two guys walk into a bar, the third one ducks!
badge
That's it, that's the whole joke.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I just picked it up for $48, then shortly after, this comes up
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rush
msg tools
Melric wrote:
Krushhhhh wrote:
abonosky wrote:
So what makes this the number 16 game on BGG? How much of it is the toy factor?


Here are several words I would use to say why it is a great game.

Beautiful
Balanced
Drafting
Dynamic
Fast-paced
Fluid
Streamlined
Scalable
Strategic
Tactical
Tight
Violent
Vicious
Variety



Don't forget runaway loser. I enjoy the game for what it is, but it's a fairly light game. Part of its charm. I'd rather play Chaos in the Old World, however.


While there are some games that truly do suffer from a runaway loser problem, this game is not one of them. Most of the points are earned in the third age, and even if you are set up terribly, there are still ways to close back in. Otherwise you could argue all competitive games have the runaway loser problem. You play bad you lose bad.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Laisure
United States
Kansas City
Kansas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I grabbed one yesterday - seemed too good to pass up, plus I've heard that some of the minis may work with the new big Conan game...that should be arriving any day now.!

I'm surprised to still see it going for $39.99 again today. I thought it was just a 1 day sale...?

Had little trouble reaching free shipping, adding in Mice & Mystics, the new War of the Ring: Warriors of Middle Earth expansion, Smash Up: Cthulhu (clearance for only $9.99), and Conquest of Pangea: Atlantis for only .89 (a so-so game, but as long as I have it .89 is a great price for the expansion). All together cleared it by $4.15.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Inception: 01/08/16
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Grn9t wrote:
I grabbed one yesterday - seemed too good to pass up, plus I've heard that some of the minis may work with the new big Conan game...that should be arriving any day now.!

I'm surprised to still see it going for $39.99 again today. I thought it was just a 1 day sale...?

Had little trouble reaching free shipping, adding in Mice & Mystics, the new War of the Ring: Warriors of Middle Earth expansion, Smash Up: Cthulhu (clearance for only $9.99), and Conquest of Pangea: Atlantis for only .89 (a so-so game, but as long as I have it .89 is a great price for the expansion). All together cleared it by $4.15.
Looks like they forgot to return the price to pre-sale levels. Grab it while you can.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hammel
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a good design, but I liked it better without the drafting (Chaos in the Old World).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A P
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
mb
Krushhhhh wrote:
Melric wrote:
Krushhhhh wrote:
abonosky wrote:
So what makes this the number 16 game on BGG? How much of it is the toy factor?


Here are several words I would use to say why it is a great game.

Beautiful
Balanced
Drafting
Dynamic
Fast-paced
Fluid
Streamlined
Scalable
Strategic
Tactical
Tight
Violent
Vicious
Variety



Don't forget runaway loser. I enjoy the game for what it is, but it's a fairly light game. Part of its charm. I'd rather play Chaos in the Old World, however.


While there are some games that truly do suffer from a runaway loser problem, this game is not one of them. Most of the points are earned in the third age, and even if you are set up terribly, there are still ways to close back in. Otherwise you could argue all competitive games have the runaway loser problem. You play bad you lose bad.


We'll have to disagree on this one. Lots of points are scored in the third era but card combos with the first two eras are what make those points. My experience with this game is that one or two people lose badly. I rarely see a runaway winner but definitely see runaway losers.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Imo by the start of age 3 you can tell who is going to win and maybe occasionally who will lose

But yeah agree there's either a runaway leader or loser, though not in every game
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.