Jim Carvin
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nov. 25th, Black Friday Game Day!!! - at 292 Salem Church Rd, Hamburg Pa. The official start time is now 9am (but I'll be there much earlier) and we play all day, usually past midnight. This is free and open to ANYONE, so I encourage you to invite anyone you feel would be interested.

There is a full kitchen including frig and stove, so feel free to bring Thanksgiving leftovers (or whatever) and drinks. A few of us have discussed doing a "pot luck" so that we don't have to go out for food and for convenience. So, if you'd like to be in on that, just add a message about what you can bring such as hot food, snacks, drinks, etc.

As most of you know, we do this every Black Friday and I always pick a "Monster Game" that some of us will start at 9am. I call it "Monster Game" because I pick a long game that doesn't hit the table much or is quite long.

The game this year is "Clash of Cultures" which is considered one of the best modern civ games out there. It's for 3-4 players and BGG lists the play time at 180-240 minutes. I haven't played the game yet myself so it will definitely be on the 240 minute side of things, plus rule explanations.

If you're interested let me know ASAP, I need 2-3 other players to commit and I'll reserve you a seat. It would be GREAT if beforehand you could watch one of the videos on BGG (http://geekdo.com/boardgame/40765/clash-cultures/videos/revi...) or even listen to Ryan Sturn's "How to Play" podcast (http://geekdo.com/boardgamepodcastepisode/102527/episode-44-...). If we all do that, rules explanations will be much shorter!

One side note, it's POSSIBLE that on Saturday, Nov. 26th we attempt a game of Mega Civilization but we need lots of people to commit to what is likely an all day affair. If you're interest please leave a comment so that we can gauge interest/commitment!

***UPDATE***

We have three games set up for 9am start...
1. Clash of Cultures - FULL (me, John, Marco, Troy)
2. A Feast for Odin - FULL (Joe P, Andy, Ellie, Rick)
3. Titan - STILL OPEN (Joe B, Steve, ...)

If anyone owns and can bring/teach it, there were a few calls for Rococo. Yes, grown men even (including myself).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Youells
United States
Camp Hill
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 geek gold, and all I got was this lousy overtext
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: November Gaming happening in Hamburg, PA
I would be up for MegaCiv. If we have less than nine, I would be happy to run Advanced Civ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Carvin
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin, I don't think MegaCiv is gonna happen. We may just end up going to Shady Con at GameSurplus this Saturday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Carvin
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On a side note, I'm planning to bring a crock pot of something; maybe chili, maybe pulled pork. We'll see what goes on sale this week besides turkey. Hopefully other can bring something, hot food, drinks, snacks, etc. and we can all share without missing any gaming action.

You don't have to participate unless you want to, I was just suggested so we didn't need to leave for food. There's really not any delivery in this area besides pizza.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.