11 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: KDM EU supplier rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A J
msg tools
mbmbmb
I had my first negative experience recently. Having ordered the Dragon King and Green Knight Amour expansions from the last sales update I waited two months to then ask where the heck are they. Turns out that the supplier listed a wrong number so I wasn't ever going to receive them. They've given me a full refund but yeah... going without £200 for 2 months and having nothing to show has given me a bad feeling with their EU stockist.

Has anyone else had any problems such as this? I really want to get the Lantern Festival when it's released but I may not bother.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Charbonneau
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've ordered expansions twice (from the US warehouse), and had issues both times. I believe it's common.

The issue I had both times was that my order was marked in KD's system as possible fraud or something, but as soon as I sent an e-mail asking about the status of my order, they moved it out of fraud and shipped my stuff out. I'm sure that if I had waited too long to contact them, I would have had the same result (they run out of what I ordered, and just give me a refund).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Awaited King
msg tools
mbmbmb
Also had a problem.

After waiting for about 2 months for my order I asked what's happening with it and they said that it was sent to me but I refused to receive it and DHL send it back to them.

What? I did not refused! I was never even informed that it was sent to me or that there was any kind of delivery attempt...

And they did not bother to contact me or anything. If I didn't contacted them they would probably just keep those expansions.

I had to pay them again to resend them to me. They didn't even bother to help me to explain with DHL why they did not deliver it to me.

And DHL said they won't talk to me as only a sender can file a complain and I'm "just" a receiver.

This were two different packages so I asked them to at least resend it to me as one to minimise the cost but they refused even that.

Their customer service sucks. You would think that if you pay them a $1000 they will at least give a damn, but no... to them you a just a wallet. They know that no one else can sell you this and really don't care about anything in regards of customer experience.

Shame really. Great game. Poor experience. I'm not sure I will buy anything else from them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Lane
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actuarially wrote:
I've ordered expansions twice (from the US warehouse), and had issues both times. I believe it's common.

The issue I had both times was that my order was marked in KD's system as possible fraud or something, but as soon as I sent an e-mail asking about the status of my order, they moved it out of fraud and shipped my stuff out. I'm sure that if I had waited too long to contact them, I would have had the same result (they run out of what I ordered, and just give me a refund).

Possible fraud? that's a new one. Was it maybe your credit card assuming that the expense was out of your usual buying patterns and sending a flag to KDM? Seems weird that either your credit card or KDM didn't say anything to you until you inquired, if the CC company found the charge to be suspicious, you'd think they'd investigate rather than just telling KDM to put a hold on your order and keep quiet. I had a similar issue when buying a computer online when I was in university. But my credit card called me right away and asked if that was my charge... but it's not like my order was strangely put on hold and then nobody did anything about it. very weird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enkidu Ur
msg tools
Sounds to me like the same old story of how outsourcing services hurts the quality of your business.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Charbonneau
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't believe it was an issue with my credit card company.

ETA, found the wording from Kingdom Death about it:
"Looks like the system held your order so a fraud check, it's passed now, I had the shipping manager send the order to the distributor you should receive the items soon!".

Who knows?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bowie
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mb
Hm, thanks for posting about this! Does anyone know if the "Flat Rate" includes customs charges? (I'm assuming the USPS options are just for faster delivery?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
if you ship from EU warehouse, no customs charges. Basically, it is the point Poots got an agreement with an EU distributor in the first place.

About the story on topic, it was cleared in one of the latest issues of the newsletter that it was an error counting the leftovers in EU warehouse that led to the sale of non existent units, and every single unit was fully refunded through direct credit card charge, where options was available (I think someone got refunded with store credit). Frustrating, sure, a fraud... well, I guess it's internet-rage level for "frustrating", so it's understandable.

For all it's worth, they always apologized both privately and publicly.

And, to say some other evidence here:
- the last three sales (from spidicules onward) nobody complained here of lost orders for any warehouse, while before there were one of two threads dedicated to this;
- EU warehouse still ships without giving you a tracking number (at least to Italy)
- it seems that US warehouse note sends you tracking info BEFORE the package arrives, and it is always a good thing
- when a delivery error happens, EU and US warehouses take care of resending the right item free of charge and retrieving the bad one, if there is any, with a refund (they sent me a duplicate lion knight)

About communication with customer service, it has always been good with my inquiries, so I have nothing to say (they also answer rules queries/errata in support emails, if it's relevant to your ticket.

I'd say that they are improving, but however it's not my job to defend anyone: the guy who shells cash up front is always right, of course, and it is also true that there is still room for some dramatic improvement, but I think you should understand that, of all things, this game is not a get-rich-quick scheme to get your money for a poor product. You can feel the passion in everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Olds
United States
OREM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a similar problem with the EU listing- they listed a Dragon King, so I ordered it right away. I send an email along with it inquiring about the extra shipping I'd need to pay.

I'm not sure that I expected it to actually show up, so when I found out a few days later that it was a mistake, I was disappointed, but not so surprised (just too good to be true, you know?).

The only other trouble I had was a Gorm that I ordered during the high volume post gencon sale took a bit longer than I'd have like to show up. I did send an email asking about it after a couple weeks, but it came shortly after that, so no real trouble there.

LF won't have the same problem- you can tell when the EU guys screwed up because they have something in stock that they haven't had for a year. If you think you got something that may or may not be showing up, just shoot an email to death support and find out if it was real.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof Olszewski
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Can you give me the link to their EU supplier ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
I would, but I'm on a business trip (anyone near las Vegas? ), so I can't put my hands on the business card they include in each shipping with kdm specific links. I can only give you the company website, and you can try to figure it out yourself: http://www.ulisses-spiele.de

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.