Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brain
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a ship where the ship peg broke off inside of the stand. Any recommendations on how to fix this? I'd rather not glue the ship directly to the stand and I'm not sure if I want to use magnets, but I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chef Kevin
United States
Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
Yes, that's me in the latte!
mbmbmbmbmb
kamekkusu wrote:
I have a ship where the ship peg broke off inside of the stand. Any recommendations on how to fix this? I'd rather not glue the ship directly to the stand and I'm not sure if I want to use magnets, but I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

I had this happen with the same ship. I just glued the pole to the ship with super glue. Wish I had a better solution but thought I would empathize.

It's my most sturdy Corvette now though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
kamekkusu wrote:

I'd try contacting FFG. Even though it's not their fault and don't have an obligation to fix your problem, they might still provide replacement.
Their customer service is very good from my past experiences.

You're not losing anything by trying anyhow...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Switzerland
Uster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeap, I did the same. Good bit of superglue.

or: magnets!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a way i use, i have used it many times during my miniatures gaming carrer.

1. Find a Pin,Tack or Paper clip(Prefered)
2. Heat the tip of an unfolded paperclip witha lighter or what have you.
3. Pres the heated end into the broken tip within the model. The key here is to only insert it into the clear plastic broken tip. You dont want to touch the model. What your esentialy doing is creating a handle to pull the broken peg out.
4. wait for it to cool, then remove.

what you say the paerclip came out but the broken peg did not come out?

well no problem, if your pin came out leaving the peg in you now have a perfct hole in the plastic. Put a tiny dab of crazy glue on the metal tip and reinsert, now you will have a sure bond and you can remove the broken tip cleanly.

I have used this technique at least over 100 times, with 40k miniatures Warhammer fantasy battle, X-wing, armada ect ect..

This technique is simialr to the mechanicaly inclined as reverse drilling a broken screw. You have to drill into the broken screw while still in the object then using a grip bit that inserts inot the center hole to reverse out the thread shaft.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Tonge
United Kingdom
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
The method scott suggests will work.

I used a pin vice and drilled a small hole into the plastic model where it'd snapped and into the other side as well and then used brass rod and superglue to fix in place. It's now rock solid.

It'd easy to do but of course you need a pin vice, a drill bit and the right size brass rod.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brain
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
atraangelis wrote:
what you say the paerclip came out but the broken peg did not come out?

My favorite line!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hooten
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Super glue is the only thing that worked but it will be forever stuck to that stand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Durand
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well... I recommand to contact FFG. They will give you another CR90 with new peg, you just send them a picture including your broken ship and the peg with the small white token proving you bought the ship.
I did it with several FFG games, and they always sent me new figs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.