Subject: Pedantic question about "swapping undamaged slots." rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justen Brown
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this sounds dumb but I play with literal lawyers and MtG players. When a rule calls for you to swap two undamaged slots is an empty slot a legal target? I'm going to say yes, you're still swapping something for nothing, but the example images only show two cards swapping so I'd like the backing of an army when the question is inevitably asked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You're playing it correctly. One or both slots can be empty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:

LOL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slydog75 wrote:
Riot Kades wrote:

LOL
While it is an edge case, I can see a reason to swap two empty slots. You are forced to take a card you don't want, that allows you to scrap it to swap two undamaged slots. If you don't want to add it to your programming and you don't want to change anything in your programming, and you have two empty slots. Scrap the card, swap two empty slots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Touché! I hadn't thought of that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Brum
United States
Ewa Beach
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Murr wrote:
slydog75 wrote:
Riot Kades wrote:

LOL
While it is an edge case, I can see a reason to swap two empty slots. You are forced to take a card you don't want, that allows you to scrap it to swap two undamaged slots. If you don't want to add it to your programming and you don't want to change anything in your programming, and you have two empty slots. Scrap the card, swap two empty slots.

You are allowed to discard/scrap any card in your hand without taking any effect, instead of adding it to a programming slot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, it's not clear form the rules, but the developers have told us you can scrap cards and ignore the effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.