Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Giacomo Fusetti
Italy
Turate
flag msg tools
mb
Hello.
Playing with the Duel of magicians variant tonight. If I link one of my tricks to a neutral gray markers on the performance card, do I get a bonus for linking tricks? If yes, and since you get the bonus from the level of the trick you're linking to and not from yours, which level bonus?
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lexpweller wrote:
Hello.
Playing with the Duel of magicians variant tonight. If I link one of my tricks to a neutral gray markers on the performance card, do I get a bonus for linking tricks? If yes, and since you get the bonus from the level of the trick you're linking to and not from yours, which level bonus?
Thanks.

Yes, you get the linking bonus - that's the purpose of those grey markers (well, that plus link bonuses in the performance itself).

However, you have made a mistake - when you place a trick and form a link, you get the bonus from the newly-placed trick's level, not the existing trick. Which then resolves the question about what level to use when placing a trick that forms a link to a printed marker

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giacomo Fusetti
Italy
Turate
flag msg tools
mb
LeonardQuirm wrote:

However, you have made a mistake - when you place a trick and form a link, you get the bonus from the newly-placed trick's level, not the existing trick. Which then resolves the question about what level to use when placing a trick that forms a link to a printed marker

Have fun!

Thanks for the reply.
The rulebook says: "The player who created the Link(s) immediately receives a bonus for each Link depending on the Fame Threshold of the Trick he created the Link with"... probably that phrasing lead to a misunderstanding.
Anyway, that's a easier way to deal with it, so great and thanks again for the correction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.