Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After Asger admitted (right after our sponsors pulled financial support from our team due to chronic uselessness) that the rules for solo play Grand Tours had not really been tested yet, i tried to come up with a configuration that avoided massing exhaustion on the player riders and at the same time added a little bit of exhaustion to the AI teams (because seeing your opponents getting a bit tired too for a change is an uplifting feeling).

The following rules lead to pretty nice results (in my humble opinion):

Player controlled riders start with X exhaustion, split over both riders (X should be at least 6).

Race according to the solo rules (AI does not get exhaustion during a race).

After each race:

AI riders lose all remaining exhaustion from their deck (if there is any).
Player controlled riders lose half (rounded down) their exhaustion (normal rules).

Then for AI and player controlled riders:

- riders in 1st to 3rd place of the overall classification add 2 exhaustion for the next race.
- riders in 4th to 6th overall place add 1 exhaustion for the next race.

Ties all get the lower exhaustion.

This means that from the second race on, AI riders will always have 1 or 2
Exhaustion in their deck, player controlled riders will have at least 1, usually more than 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Blague
France
Bretagne
flag msg tools
Hi all,

I have a question about the solo play :

For exemple, a AI rider is 2 squares before an ascent. What do you do if you draw a card for this AI rider of 6 or above ? Do you play it and move this rider of 1 square or do you draw an other card ?

Thanks !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Keane
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
dadiboc wrote:
Hi all,

I have a question about the solo play :

For exemple, a AI rider is 2 squares before an ascent. What do you do if you draw a card for this AI rider of 6 or above ? Do you play it and move this rider of 1 square or do you draw an other card ?

Thanks !

He would move 5 spaces - the 2 before the hills and 3 into the hill. You (and AI) can still play cards above 5 in hills - you just only move a maximum of 5.

You can also play "smart AI" where he draws another card if he draws above 5 in hills.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Blague
France
Bretagne
flag msg tools
I mean if you draw a 6, 7 or 9.

Son you don't apply this rule : "If the 6th or above move would allow the rider to enter the first square of an ascent, simply stop him on the free lane before the ascent starts." ?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dadiboc wrote:
I mean if you draw a 6, 7 or 9.

Son you don't apply this rule : "If the 6th or above move would allow the rider to enter the first square of an ascent, simply stop him on the free lane before the ascent starts." ?

Thanks

Yes you do. That is what Ryan explained. But after moving 2 before the hill, he has not yet moved "a sixth space".

You just can't move more than five spaces if you touch or would touch a red space by doing so. It is not as complicated as you seem to make it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Blague
France
Bretagne
flag msg tools
OK! I understand now! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.