Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt
United States
Shrewsbury
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone!

I'm currently playing MoM with my wife and we just had an odd situation creep up. She cast the wither spell on a monster that was one space away (there is a second monster in that space as well).

She rolled successfully for the spell, and this was the result:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
"any number of monsters within range suffer damage equal to the spell's damage, divided as you choose."

Now, we aren't sure how to use that result, I think its a little confusing.

The spell card itself lists 2 damage. Is that two damage to both monsters in that space because it said "any number of monsters within range suffer damage equal to the spell's damage", or is it just allowing us to give 1 point of damage to each monster if we wanted to split it up, because "divided as we choose".

I realize we could also just apply 2 to one monster if we wanted too.

Does that make sense?

Thanks!

Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sigal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that it means the spell does 2 damage, and it can either be 2 to one target or 1 damage to both.

Other spells (like Wrack) do more damage, so you'd be able to split the amount more meaningfully.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Ober
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have two points of damage to divide how you like. 1 damage each or 2 on a single monster. If the spell card did more damage, you could divvy it up accordingly.

Good gaming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2 to 1 monster or 1 each to two different monsters are your choices. The 'divided as you choose' text makes it clear the total amongst all monsters is the Spell's damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Shrewsbury
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you everyone for the clarification

Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.