Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The game arrived at my door yesterday, just in time for Halloween! I look forward to playing it. Hopefully my experience will prove (at least for me) that this game is better than the 7.0 rating it's garnered so far.

The theme is spot-on, the artwork looks great, and from skimming the rulebook, the game system looks to be refreshing.

Edit: Below, Magic Pink has rightfully called me out WRT my lamenting of the 7.0 rating. So I added some elaboration, in my post below.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
uh...

7 is a really good rating. There's absolutely nothing wrong if it stays at a 7.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
uh...

I guess it all depends on what scale people are using. A lot of folks have their own personal scale for games while others (like myself) use the BGG scale.

But I agree a 7 is a good rating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Magic Pink wrote:
uh...

That's a very fair comment, but my experience has been that the good games with staying power have an average user rating in the 7.2-7.3 range, or above.

So you caused me to take a look at my own collection, and you have a point... while most of my games have an avg user rating of 7.4 or above, there are several in my collection - which I enjoy a lot - that are rated even below a 7.0!

So your point is valid.

Thusly let me re-phrase my OP... given that, based on what I know of this game, I would've expected it to rated higher than a 7.0 ... more like around a 7.4!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.